Trying to build my social network in Kuwait!!

Hi I am an Indian corporate professional woman who recently shifted to Kuwait...My interests include yoga & meditation, books, social work, adventure sports and exploring new places. Chatting away at Starbucks by the beach side or going for a theater play, stand up, social causes,cultural event or concerts with good friends would some of be my ways of unwinding rather hanging out and enjoying..Interested, like minded women can reach me for expanding their social network. I am not here for dating, so kindly do not contact me for frivolous activities / chats. ..looking forward to making new friends in Kuwait.Thanks.
I can speak English, Hindi

Ok I am confused you want to create a social group for women or for men and women, but you dont want anyone to ask you for a date or any other conversation out side of talking about the sky is blue and there borrig jobs? Hmmmm. We are Expats an we are all adults who make friends and so on. Not everyone is here stalking for sex. But if you are uncomfortable having personal and real life conversations I am sure there are other shallow people her that will intertain you. Listen this is 2012 and people need to stop faking like they are Saints and live in a perfect world. Being Cultured is what you learn in your home I am not directing this at you but in reading your request I don't know who are what you are asking for so kindly can you re explain?

Hi Marquiz

u seem to be quite uncomfortable reading my post ..chill!..I am here to just make friends...If u think that we are adults then I am sure you will agree with me that we are free to express ourselves in whichever way possible..excuse me if this plain discussion upset u in any way but please be more patient before instant retaliation in future..have a good day ahead..

I am not uncomfortable I am am confident  but I am only asking you a question if a person is unclear about what direction you are speaking in it should be simple for you to explain right? Because I don't know what you are expressing? And I am not upset at all, and there is nothing here to retaliate upon? So I am just trying to understand?

I'll make it simple..I am reaching out to make new friends here..as a new expat, I am sure there would be many like me..if you can contribute positively then please feel free to share your ideas, thoughts and experiences..am sure it will benefit a lot of people like me...

Varunakhullar- I will be arriving in Kuwait at the end of August. I would to meet up for coffee or shopping or something! I get what you mean about the dating thing. As women, sometimes we tend to get uninvited offers/messages in our inboxes. I don't mind friendly, but some come off as a little more!

hey Crittle...

good luck for your relocation...August end should be an ideal time to shift as I have heard that weather starts getting better from sept - oct..would love to catch up..do stay connected..let me know if u need any leads on accommodation..did extensive search for myself..had a hard time...can pass a few tips when time comes..cya soon!

ladies, contrary to popular belief, Kuwait is not a haven for the sexually deviant, neither is this website a "pick-me-up-honey" spot, yes, there are such websites that cater to Kuwait promiscuous lot, however here, if you receive any messages that are questionable, or someone comments in an inappropriate manner, you have the full right to Report such user and give them a ban from misusing this great forum.

Varuna you are free to request a meeting with whomsoever you wish to meet down the line, as Marquis is free to voice his indignation at the thought of segregating what you wish to find. travels are meant to broaden horizons etc. hence it would be a fresh start to remove any preconceived notions.

yes, women are put at a disadvantage due to the presence of several testosterone driven men who have a single goal in mind. it is up to your own evaluations who is friend and who is not. all i can say is, do not be quick to judge. most of the expats who are ACTIVE on this forum (i.e. marquis) engage in friendly debate and enjoy an outing or more during the week with like minded people.

so, a message to all, in summary; if anyone offends you, report them. broaden your horizons and step out of your comfort zone. Kuwait is a sample country with expats from every nook and cranny of the earth, endeavor to break any stereotypical ideologies you might have regarding a certain gender, nationality etc. you might find the results to your liking.

Enjoy the weekend people.

Will do, Varuna! 

I hope no one here took what I said personally.  I was referring to internet socialization in general, whether in your own country or elsewhere.  One has to be careful.

I've had no negative experiences on this site.

Crittle..

keep me posted on your relocation..we'll connect once you come here until then good luck with the transition!

i agree with legacy