I think its time to leave...but to go where ?

Hello everyone,

I hope to have a reply from most of the courageous in this forum who have taken THE step...Thanks in advance.

Here's my story,

I left Africa 10 years ago to come to study in France. It's a great place : culture, history, food, wine...and fine weather ! The problem is for me...the people, the closed-up mentality, the coldness of the people at times...I've worked in France for 4years now. I'm quite happy to have a job, a few friends (even though it was REALLY REALLY difficult to make some)...but now, i can't continue this way. I feel like i'm dying internally without that "community feel". I feel most of the french very closed-up. I'm someone who's very social, and last time, i tried talking to two guys on the street, who showed no interest, or took me for a crazy person. Now, its getting real difficult for me to spend my weekends not doing anything. I've done the bar-pub-cinema-restaurant thing, and doing that every weekend becomes tiring...I need CHANGE ! To top it off, i'm almost 30, and over here, if you're at that age, and not in a relationship and family, forget it, you're like a little lost one who goes out to bars made for 18-25 yr olds

To give you an idea of what i like : I like :

Discovering danses, sports,
I love animated streets
I love being crazy with fun, dancing to the music on the lively streets,
I love letting myself go, being natural, moving, dancing, learning new things !
I love amusement parks, I love culture and fun people with a smile !
I love the image that sends me New York of the city that doesnt sleep (but you need a work visa to get there :( )
I love having 100000000000000 activities to choose from

I've started looking on the net today, to find a forum that will help me in picking a country that fits my needs. I do hope you will help me ! If you have any ideas, i'm all in !

Thank you !!!

I sounds like you might like Brazil.  I've never been there, but from what very little I know it seems like a dancing in the streets kind of place.  Dancing in the streets of New York will get you into some serious trouble.

Thank you Hailey for your reply ! More generally, i'm looking for a "lively" place. I did think of Brazil, but i hear a lot of negative things like the high level of insecurity over there...kind of scary though. But this is what i hear, i dont know if it's true.

why dont you try Dubai or Far east, give it a shot you might get what you are looking for.
rdgs,
Mujahid

What you want, a feeling of belonging and home, can only be achieved with lots of effort over a long time.
You will not find your dream country (because it does not exist), you can only change yourself to become the dream person for an existing country.
In a new place you start from Zero again, in France you are already half there by knowing the pitfalls of the local culture, just being unable or unwilling to adjust and accept them.

I like London! It is always hard to move, and find friends. That is what these sites are good for!

Good Luck in whatever you decide!

I would suggest you to try AFRIKA!

Gulf Maybe ( OMAN ):rolleyes:

I Love London and also the weather condition of it ... the site to view is great!

Uhm... how can you advise London when the girl here can barely make friends with the French, and they are open compared to stuffy London.  Also, I suppose you'd like to see the sun once in a lifetime, uh?
Ghana should be great! Maybe you could try that! But I don't know what kind of job you are looking for so I can't say much.
I'm actually trying to make up my mind about where I should go next too ... all the best!

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR