British School Al Khubairat

I have serious concerns about the level of secondary education at the British School Al Khubairat. It is basically a sports and music academy with strong artistic leanings. There is no great academic push. Some of the teachers are hostile towards parents and cannot take criticism. Concerned that academic children are overlooked in favour of those with sporting and musical talent.

Hi Annifrid

You just have to look at the exam grades and the university destinations of BSAK students to see that this just isn't true; BSAK students go on to top universities across the world. 

I have found that they focus on the academics, but they also offer a wide variety of sport, music and arts options for the kids too - something that every good school should do, especially in this day and age, when good academic results on their own are not enough to get you into the top universities - you have to show that you've got that something else to set you apart.

I would suggest that if you have a problem with a teacher or your child's academics, you speak to one of the senior team.  They are extremely accessible and will take any issue you have very seriously.