Contact schools directly?

I really feel clueless.  I have done tons of research on the Internet about teaching in the Middle East - but there is so much information and it's all contradictory.  I applied for a teacher advisor position in Abu Dhabi with an organization called Teachaway. I'm wondering if I should continue to apply to other schools on my own.  Although, I dont' know which schools would be appropriate to apply to.  I have a valid teaching certificate, taught 6th grade English for 10 years, and have various and sundry skills to offer.  However, I do not have a master's degree, and I am older (51).  I retired last June and so I am free to move any time!  I need advise desperately, and to connect with someone living there.  Any help would be SO appreciated!

Welcome on Expat-blog! I have moved the thread on the Abu Dhabi forum. I hope another member will be able to help you.

Try the Abu Dhabi classifieds.
I wish you good luck.
Christine

Not sure how much help I can be but as a parent with school children I know many of the schools do need teachers. I would recommed getting in touch with the schools directly and asking their opinion. Where in particular do you want to work? Good luck with it all!!

I agree with hadfit ,It does pay to contact schools Direct...They are always wanting more Teachers...
Heres a few you could try...even maybe flicking your C.V to them by email?

www.asdubai.orgwww.reptondubai.orgwww.british-ild.comwww.jess.sch.ae
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.britishschool.sch.ae

Good Luck

I attended numerous jobs fairs through the COIS. Went to many interviews and was offered a lot of jobs in various countries(careful, many schools are desperate to fill positions and will put the pressure on) both as a result of these and applying online through TES. Eventually secured the position I wanted in Abu Dhabi by sending my CV directly to a school which I had researched thoroughly before hand and had a good rep. Hope this helps.

Here's a full list of Abu Dhabi schools, visit the school's website and apply directly. There's always a great demand for qualified teachers. However, I advise you to search the good schools before start applying.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/schools-abu-dhabi.php

The education is the important factor or a part of life in each individuals.In simply it is the turning point of life.So choosing of right colleges or school is the important job. While getting assignments may seem little difficult but i'm always using best essay writing services for my assignments and some best essay writing service reviews are much helpful to find legit essay writing services.....

I just found this post and I had a follow up question for anyone that can help.

It seems to me that it would make sense to contact the schools directly to have more control over where you end up.

However, does this change the incentive package you'll receive at all? My wife and I are both teachers and are seriously considering a move to Abu Dhabi. Like the original poster, we first looked at teachaway. We were intrigued by the salary, housing, and other benefits. Would contacting the schools directly still give you the same benefits? Would you get housing through them? What about allowances for your the education of your own children (something teachaway didn't offer but I've seen mentioned on other sites)? We have 4 children, 2 of which are school age, so that would be a consideration.

Thanks in advance for any help! So glad I found this site, this has been a very interesting forum to read.

Hi and welcome on board nsouth :)

If you have new questions you may also create new topics on the Abu Dhabi forum. It should increase your chances of obtaining responses ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi if you are looking to apply in Dubai region, these are the schools that come to my mind :

Ignite School Dubai

GEMS Dubai American Academy

American School of Dubai

American International School

Hope this helps