Considering moving to Thailand

Hi
I have recently been through quite a tough year which has made me re think what I want in life and who I really am. I am quite a home girl so this will be a massive step for me! I have never done anything like this before but I am excited about the possibility of a new adventure.I have come on here to hear about people who have up and left everything in rainy england and moved to Thailand without having done anything like it before!

Hey there, I just recently moved to Phuket this past January. I have done some traveling around the world and visited Phuket in 07. After a week here I knew one day I will live here. When I went back home to the States(Los Angeles), nothing was the same...everything felt different. And Phuket felt like that was my home now. I have met many many people that have similar stories to me, visited here and it changed their lives and their way of thinking. It was like I didnt know what I was missing until I saw it for myself.  Just tired of the rat race back home and on to a more laid-back life in the land of smiles. Its great to hear you want to move here, I would advise you to visit for a month or so first see if this place is really for you if you haven't already. :)

Thanks for the post LAbeatnik
Sounds like you have made the right choice! Did you find it easy to settle in Thailand? Are there a lot of expats there? I have been to Argentina and Australia aswell as europe. I just want a change and ready for a challenge 'to find me' and Thailand seems a great place to do it!

Well the reason I came here was to train Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) So through the Muay Thai camp I am at its real easy to make TONS of friends as people from all over the world all shapes and sizes come to Thailand to train Muay Thai as well. Theres everything from fighters, people to get in shape to people looking for adventure.

I am in Phuket, the southern tip in a town called Rawai. Beautiful beaches, laid back atmosphere. Real beach town feel. My advice for you if your ready is to go for it, come and visit! See if its for you, you only have one life so live it! :)

Hi,

Regarding finding yourself, I would suggest you also travel to the other lesser known regions of Thailand such as the north east and the north.
Over the last three years I have travelled extensively although I do not live permanently in Thailand.  There is a danger of finding a heavily European populated place such as Phuket and thinking after a short time it is too similar to many other places around the world. Dont get me wrong it is a paradise island but perhaps to really find yourself it can be easier in Thailand in an area with less obvious distractions.
Hope this helps and does not confuse!
John.

It's nice, it's what I did 6 years ago. Good luck

I suggest you to do research a lot. if you need any information about Thailand , food, visa, people and so on PM me or ask me here.