Trial move to phuket

Hi.  I am planning buying a property in Thailand next year.  My wife and I are planning spending 6 months (2 x 3 month periods) in Phuket per year, with the remainder in the UK.

We are planning spending next February-April (3 months) trialing this, and looking for rental recommendations, as well as good ex-pat communities.

We are over in June this year, and hope to meet with a few agents to discuss options, but as there are so many, I would welcome any advice on good ones to use.

Thanks

look at the Bangkok post for add's

Rent. Don't buy in Thailand.

Hi

It is a condo I am looking for, as aware of the property rule in Thailand. I am just looking for rental advice just now.  We want to see how we get on living there for 3 months before we decide to buy.

Thanks

Phuket has changed radically since September last year, when the beach bars and loungers were removed and banned from the beaches by the military/police. I found this has changed the vibe of the place a lot. There are expat area dotted around, including Rawai, Surin, and of course Laguna area. There is quite a lot of rental around Naiharn and Kamala and lots on the hills above Patong.

Yeah, it's not the same as it used to be - we usually stay in Surin, but found that it's a lot quieter - I have never seen Catch Beach empty before!  That being said, we still love the place, and the culture, so are still keen to relocate.

The 2 areas we were considering were Kamala/Surin, and Rawaii. It would all depend which had the best community for a youngish couple looking to reside.

To be honest, I think people are moving away from Phuket in favour of other areas in Thailand which are more authentically Thai. There is very little culture there as it has been strongly westernised.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on Expat Blog + register in the business directory