Hello everybody ...

A new french in town !!

Sorry for them who would like stay without to much "farang", but yes in may a new farang arrive :)

My gf is from Bkk, i know her since couple of years and we're bored to travel all the times for meet  each others. We have choice between france or thailand ...  we find the answers quickly  !!

I hope we will have new friends soon and we will enjoy this awesome opportunity ! 

See you soon :)

Nicolas

hello . can we meet ??

Thanks for your answers !!

We plan to live in Phuket town for the moment, after stay couple of weeks in BKK because she wanna study in hotel management !

why it's not easy to live in Thailand ?

I lived in Phuket 5 years and I've had so many bad experience .
You will never ever meet and honest friend whether
It's a guy or girl .
Do u have a job or are you planning to find a job?
Where I live in kl is wat they call French Village.
I think many French people love kl. it's cheaper to live
In kl then to live in Phuket
Thai people loves to cheat . That's what I don't like .
But you should try it yourself . You might enjoy .
Anything I can help you with , let me know ....

I plan to find a job !!

But first i'll have probably to stay in thailand with ED visa for learn thai !! It's the most important.
I already listen tlk about that i'll have to take care about thai people, it'll be hard to make friends ...

I'm not to much worry about that ... i'll take care and it's like that everywhere !
If you arrive in France, it'll be also hard to make some new friends

Thanks for you advice, and if you have any idea for help me to find a new job, you're welcome ;)

Hi Dublyon,

I'm coming to Pkt next month with two friends. Would u guys be there?
We'll be staying in Patong for 5 days and looking for friends to hangout with.

Hi Nicolas.

Your girlfriend is a singer .
You may contact Lacern(Guitarist) based in Phuket for 15 years already. His email address is [email protected]
Lacern is a Jazz guitarist but they are always looking for musicians

as for you, you may try to apply job at La colline Development and Property( i think this is what its called.. i am also not so sure.
The owner of the developer is French and I dont know, they might want to hire a french speaking Sales Guy.

if you wish to rent a car, please only rent with insurance. Contatc Khun Nui. she and husband Claudio have a Mobil Car rent at Boat LAgoon. they are reliable, all cars are new and you are fully insured. Thats very important ok. Call Nui : +668 1970 5204. or google Mobile Car Rent. For housing, you can also speak to Khun Nui or her husband. they have 6 properties in the island. my husband and i are actually renting a beautiful house in Boat lagoon from them.

Let me know if you need any more help. I should be back in Phuket soon.

Cheers,
Sophie

Call Patrick Portier for job:

+668 7885 5997 he speaks French and other languages

Hi,

First, thanks really much for your answer, i really appreciate your help and your advice !!
But we change plan last week and we gonna stay in Bangkok first !
I'm sorry to use your time

Nicolas

Sure sure sure no problem I'm happy to help

my contact detail should you need any help
Corrie Oosthuizen
Thailand Phuket
Mobile:+66 900706290
Email: [email protected]
Skype corrie1901
Yahoo [email protected]

Hi,
yes i came for holiday in Thailand and are still here, just love Asia. But also made some stupid mistakes trusting every one mmm.
if you need any help?
here with in my contact details

Corrie Oosthuizen

Thanks ;)

sufiahnoor wrote:

I lived in Phuket 5 years and I've had so many bad experience .
You will never ever meet and honest friend whether
It's a guy or girl .
Do u have a job or are you planning to find a job?
Where I live in kl is wat they call French Village.
I think many French people love kl. it's cheaper to live
In kl then to live in Phuket
Thai people loves to cheat . That's what I don't like .
But you should try it yourself . You might enjoy .
Anything I can help you with , let me know ....

You're not negative about Phuket are you? I've lived there and while there are certainly dishonest people there, there are also very honest people there as well. The only problem I ever had was with a foreigner. Never got cheated, my prices were generally the same as the locals...but maybe it was because I speak Thai, I don't know. But my experience and yours are not the same.

As far as making friends, I am very, very cautious about who I introduce into my life and how close I allow them. But I have a handful of very good friends who I do trust and who I can rely on. You say you will never meet an honest friend but that doesn't necessarily mean there are none. It just means you personally haven't met any and who knows why that is. As I said, I have several close friends here, Thai and foreigner, but I took time to cultivate the relationships.

One thing I'm teaching my sons is no matter how beautiful the girl, take time to really get to know her before professing your love. That's what Thai people say, "Thong roojak na naan," or I want to know them (the person) for a long time.     

Thai people love to cheat? Some do, some don't. But people cheat others in every country. Even in Malaysia.

What I've found is that tourists, people who just get here or people who have been here for a couple of years tend to be complacent about their guidelines and perhaps think they can trust people because they've went out with them for a while, they're always smiling or calling you, "my friend." Some think they know the ins and outs of Thailand and yet the truth is most foreigners will never, ever really know Thai culture. Like I always say, Thailand is like an onion...you keep peeling away the layers and there are always more.

Most of my friends have lived here over 10-15 years, even 20 years, and I never, ever hear them complaining about being cheated. And believe me, they are willing to complain.

You know Scott, I learned the hard way. I'm too nice and naive. I think everyone is honest like me. It's my mistake. I am more careful now and only mix around with decent people with decent jobs  and family . Empty vessels makes most noise. I trust the sober ones....

sufiahnoor wrote:

You know Scott, I learned the hard way. I'm too nice and naive. I think everyone is honest like me. It's my mistake. I am more careful now and only mix around with decent people with decent jobs  and family . Empty vessels makes most noise. I trust the sober ones....

I'm completely opposite to you. I don't trust people until they earn my trust. I was involved with boxing for many years. This and my living in Thailand have changed me from trusting to someone who believes time will tell whether or not a person is trustworthy.

I look to associate people who are not way up or way down, they go through life on a small roller coaster, not a huge one.

Your last sentence made me laugh though, very true...

Isn't it true?
I agree with you as well. Anyway, you take care now

Thanks for your post, but i'll arrive in Bangkok in two weeks and we gonna stay there for a while !

The most important for me now, is learning thai !

Take care,

I also started a few post about friendship in Phuket (I don't know much about the rest of Thailand), and by the time I live here I'm more and more positive. At the beginning my girlfriend and I were quite frustrated about the type of people we have met, foreigners and Thai. I think it takes one or two years before we start to understand the mechanism and the stereotypes of people living on the island. And to find the right channels to meet the people we like better. Luckily the island is attracting more and more normal immigrants - not only retiree and fugitives - looking for business and alternatives to the worldwide crisis. And they are young too, full of energy and good intentions.
I think Sufia chose the path of meeting 'decent people with decent jobs  and family', which doesn't make them nice people necessarily, so she should be careful anyway. It doesn't mean that a GM of a hotel is a good person just because he has a decent job and high education. Look at worldwide politicians...
This apply to Thai and foreigners of course. At the beginning it takes time to dig out the people who could be closer to your mentality, with time the selection will be much easier. I turned to be a bit eclectic, which is probably the best approach to Phuket lifestyle: try to stay acquainted to everyone, than the pearls will come out. But true idiots can be spotted immediately after you make some experience.
Just a little remark on how difficult is to spot good people: do you remember 'House of Horror' case on the newspaper, the Swedish man who cut the body of her Thai girlfriend and keep it in his house for 2 years? He was a decent business man, well know on the island, involved in many projects and with quite a sum of money available to live in peace. He was my landlord for one month in Kata, he look like a regular and really a kind person, and he was living 20 meters from our house, sometimes we stop on the street chatting a bit about Phuket life and all the bla bla bla we are talking on this forum. Such a lovely neighborhood!!