Moving to Manila

I've been living here in England since '94 and I've had enough so I thought I'd move to Manila. Now that the time is nearly here (fly end of the month), well, I'm bricking it as they say here. Will I get a job? Will I be happy? Where can I watch the Euros?? Anyone got any tips?

Have you ever been to the Philippines?  Would suggest a long vacation before "bricking" it.

- Are you married to a filipina? How will you manage visa restrictions?
- Philippines is not that affordable to live as in the past
- very difficult to get any job
- plenty of sport bars in Makati (Hows that, Handlebar, Heckle and Jeckle)
- happiness is a state of mind

Gluck

Hi, I was born in manila and i'm a dual citizen. I have a place to stay and beer is pretty cheap. I suppose it's just the job thing i'm worried about really. Thanks for the sports bars tip..

My wife actually had a lot of interviews with MNCs in country dir sales jobs, so if your in sales, would target MNCs that are expanding in Philippines. But your better off finding the job first then moving. A common question asked of her is why did you move here without a job?  View being you were not good enough to find a job overseas. In any case, she found great job from an EU company just expanding in Asia so it can be done, just took over 9 months.

If you have experience, call up the headhunters.

Hi, thanks for the tips.

Happiness is a choice, never dependent on anything else.
Jobs, everything depends on your skills, talents, gifts, attitude. If you have what it takes for someone to consider hiring you, you don't need to worry. If you think you can get a job, you can! If you think you will have a hard time getting one, then, that's what you will get!

Things can happen on your favor if you start thinking right. Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve....

Meantime, we can share with you some places to go to look for a job if you at least give us a chance to find out who you are, what you are capable of doing, what type of job do you want to pursue....

Pinaymentor