Hi! A newbie here on expat blog :)

Still a Good day in spite of a a cold rainy weather. And why? I can get to relax while taking up my finals and choose to see the good side that there always is.

As I was looking for a blog that concerns for traveling and thinking of living beyond the borders of Philippines I saw this site at the top of the google search result. I've found many nice places to go in from this site and learned of people so welcome, interactive and warm. So that is why I decided to join here.

I'd like to say 4 things about this site and that it is informative, easy to use, clean and has good crowd. thumbs up to the owner.

I'm not yet working though I'm looking for one in a few more days as surprisingly scheduled while taking up associate in arts in an open university. Thinking of call center or others that offer a few hours of work a day with a light load plus a free day on Sunday. I can manage people, and be proactive if I love my work. Can anyone suggest what work I could get into?

Going back to who this newbie is. I'm a homeboy too who loves and understands the love for traveling. Not that sociable but can be. I become talkative sometimes just to warn in advance but I don't tell secrets. My teachers tell me I'm laid back. I think of myself as Mr. Laidback or Relax. Sports guy is here too. Into watching, learning or playing soccer, basketball and tennis. I'd like to check out some friendly sports bar lately now that Olympics 2012 London has started. Would anyone like to go and check out team USA basketball team play in harmony? And cheer up Philippine team? Then maybe after this we could go to a prayer meeting or singles group after if you like.

B.t.w., I don't do facebook. It is very rare that even sometimes is the most when checking my account. I have a lot more to say about me from my profile here. So, to cut this short that is about it.

Send me a message if you want to go out sometime next week I have free days. Oh! i'd like to try out the gathering and wander around. See, get to know people here and to check out the places that I missed while living here for 25+ years, that is one of my aim now or my so called extra agenda.

blessed day!

hi, welcom t Expat.com

welcome here bro.!

Welcome to expat-blog! If you get to think of somewhere to hang-out next week and i'm free, then count me in :top:

Re traveling: I think its better if you specify first the place you would like to visit and then check out blogs online. What I like about some of the blogs I visit is that they provide the whole itinerary and the budget and also how to get there. I would prefer that over packaged tours since you are the one who will decide what you want to do for the day and oh so much adventure ahead :)

Hi Lili, mr.letslern2geder and Resuri_Ann. Thank you for the greet and I truly appreciate it. Let alone I thought the people here has lied low lately. It is a nice surprise and a good feeling to be greeted.

Oh, Thanks bro!

Resuri, I did like your advice. Thank you. It was clear and laid out well. I just thought of taking a tour close to Manila, taking the pnr or even have a clean, "spastic"(noted from a blogger), warm and relaxing day just in Manila which I rarely do btw.

It is nice to go at this time of the year where it is getting cold and stressful too. I have spotted from the www some places to relax.

People, care to try it out as a group? Then go to a clean sports bar next then? I've got suggestions If you all like. Invite more would be fun. There is one at D'Ace spa a all water therapy with hot water and a clean family place to go too. It is catered to family and also people who enjoy water therapy. What would you think? Have you tried this?

Im definitely up for the PNR trip. I have never taken that one. I heard they provide comfortable seats or beds for long travels? hehe. Have you been to Corregidor? well you've mentioned you'd like to do day trips. haha

The spa you've mentioned seemed to have been featured before on some tv shows. never tried that here, only in Japan. hehe :D

That probably becomes easier now to look for people to be with in a pnr ride. I've been wondering hot it would be like to ride on it. It does look comfortable as mentioned from the website itself, but says to have added cost to use 2 beds. I rather go for the individual seating as of now. I have no news about Corregidor. And it does look interesting. I'm worried though that it might be high tide, flooded and have a rough sea ride there at this time knowing that there is a storm coming. I might have to pass on that as I'm still on a tight budget too with no work yet. Maybe, when I find a job or have sold my old stuff. Though I can try going there again. At 14 yrs old was the last time I went there.

On the other hand the water therapy thing that I was talking about is just in Manila. Right at Shaw boulevard a one mrt ride from Makati or Cubao but no food meal included at the package.

There is another one though. Allow me to suggest which seems to be in the proper time. This may take long though but as I say it is interesting. I got this after calling the place and done research about it.

It has an eat all you can meal package at pasay or better yet on the mountain (which is called Antipolo) with clean massages like foot massage and other professional services. There it is set on the side of a mountain that has a wonderful over view of Manila. It has seperated jacuzzi and sauna, plus a discount in the morning from 5am-12nn of August until November. The personnel said you could stay there for 6 hours and the succeeding hrs would cost P100 each hr stay.

In there they have a worker who goes around for security and safety. They make sure that it is secured. Plus a locker per person with a waterproof key that is attached to a bracelet which is wearable underwater. I just called last week and it is new as the personnel said and added that it oppened just November last year.

The one set on the mountain seems like it is interesting, a money saver, more affordable fun and relaxing. These are the reasons that caught my attention.

I really haven't been there yet and a lot of bloggers are visiting this place. Special mention on the one by the mountain. Since, it is set to have a few crowd on weekdays during mornings till early afternoon. I guess this is better than the overcrowded one at Pasay and Q.C. as I read the comments.

So, here is an added info for someone whom I just knew and have been to such place back at her homeland.

I researched the spas at Japan before and it has a lot of interesting hot springs to go to. Specially, the family friendly ones. It looks so natural and I find it wonderful and relaxing. Is it really as relaxing as they say? Oh by the way I find Japan an interesting place to go too.

Hi,

How are you doing? were you affected by the flood?

I will do my Corregidor tour maybe after the rainy days. I have never gone there and it does look very interesting.

As i was browsing about the water therapy you have mentioned, i think i have found a deal about that from one of the group buying sites. I forgot which location that is.
Regarding the one in Antipolo, I think i am interested with that one. it does look interesting. I hope you can provide the name of the place so i can check the details about it.

The ones in Japan are very relaxing indeed. At first I felt that the water is very hot but in time my body got used to it and after the bath, I felt very light. Like a huge weight was lifted from my back and i felt like drifting to sleep. (I hope I was able to describe it well) :D

:) Fine thank you. Yes, our area was affected but there was a good thing; which is only the club house and some streets in the village got flooded. Although we could not get out of the village for 5 days. "When it rained it did poured a lot". So, I'm not really that affected. Thanks for the concern.

How was your place during the monsoon? Did you get affected?

I'd like to check out the Corregidor when I am being paid or have a work already. Corregidor is an interesting place to go, but I think I have to pass on that one.

On the other hand, I can be available for the spa and be a "spa buddy". I'd like to have a "spa buddy" or rather be one. Btw. It is named Wensha

Oh thats good if you weren't affected. Our place is quite high. Only the areas around us were affected and was not able to work for 2 days bec of the flood.

I heard lots of good feedback on Wensha spa, i'd love to try that! Only I hope theres a branch near the south area. hehe because I stay outside manila :D But wouldn't mind some travel time as long as the service is something I can look forward to.

I noticed now your description of such from Japan is inviting. .

There is one at Pasay if you are willing for a no discount, no overlooking view and crowded area. I guess the one at Antipolo is worth it in that case. But if you'd like to try the one closer we can go there too and set a day for that.

That means I may have a spa buddy or am the buddy. I guess.

So when are you available?

Ive read more good reviews for Antipolo. You know how to get there from Makati? and some approx travel time? My off is Thurs and Friday. What do you think is the perfect time to go there? i prefer less crowded as i really need time to unwind. hahahaha
How much is the one in Pasay btw? ive seen a discounted gc at around 500 plus in one of the websites. :)

Same here I need to relax and unwind.

Yes, I know how to travel from Makati. It would probably take 45mins. to go there coming from that area. Taking an MRT3 would be easier. Here I could offer to meet you half way through for company and be a guide. In this way we'll feel comfortable about our safety plus more fun to travel with a company.

Thursday is a nice day to go. Preferably morning at around 10am. You okay with the time? Rarely do people come here at this time. plus there is a discount.

You okay with that time?

The one at Pasay is P680. That is a good gc. Till when is that offered. We could set a day for that. :)

Hi.  Wensha is really nice. There are separate areas for Male and Female.  However, it is not advisable for people who aren't comfortable seeing other people naked by the pool.

Corregidor is nice if you are interested in landscape photography.

Ace water spa is the best of all.  The one in Pasig-Mandaluyong is huge and has 6 scented hot pools.  I love hot pools. :)

There are cheap hot springs in Laguna.  I tried 88spa (Php500/pax) exclusive of food.

The spas in Manila are really cheap.  I think I've tried most of them, from the cheapest to the most expensive ones.  I'm a massage addict.  hehe

Anyway, hope you guys can hang out soon.  I've seen a couple of threads about meet-ups but haven't heard of any successful ones.

That is a nice input. Thanks Markenji :). And btw welcome to expat-blog.

Ever since the storm came in the Philippines there hasn't been a lot of meet-ups except probably the football games (nothing serious and just for fun) at Miriam college or at Fort just recently. I'm just giving updates.

Well I hope you enjoy here and maybe we could go as a group to one of the spas that u know of. I'm not that aware of the nice ones with a reasonable prices. Plus, I rarely go too.

The one at Laguna is interesting and have checked out the webpage at 88spa. Taking a PNR going there and back would add an interesting and fun trip. And probably an overnight there would be great. :) Not only I would like to try the PNR too. Right?

This would probably be a dream vacation as of now.

Have a good afternoon. :)

PNR + Spa is a good idea.  Is there a PNR station in Laguna? I haven't tried it. Haha. It'll be exciting.

Yes there is. I remember sharing this idea before and have checked the website for pnr's stations. It even goes all the way to Bicol. :top:. There are already 3 who likes to try it out.