New member here

Hi all,

I found this site yesterday and have been browsing the threads.  Im Filipino but grew up in the USA and an American citizen. 
I made my first return visit to the Philippines this past September to October for a month after 23 years in the USA and enjoyed it.  I enjoyed my time the best outside of Manila in the provinces and beaches. 

So now Im making plans to move and live in the Philippines early next year and therefore become an expat.  So I hope to learn more an ask some questions from the longtimers here.

May you find this forum or blog very helpful. Enjoy being an expat and an Expat-blogger! :D

Thanks Bri

Hello chris_balikbayan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask them.
Members are here to help you out.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Aurélie wrote:

Hello chris_balikbayan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask them.
Members are here to help you out.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thanks Aurelie

hi chris_balikbayan! welcome back to your homeland! Glad you are making a decision to stay here in the Philippines than in the USA. You made a right decision! :) try to meet some more locals and gain a lot of insights from them, travel around and enjoy your very own country. That way I think you could get some answers to your questions and might help in adjusting your life here. Are you living with your family here?

cookeymuncher wrote:

hi chris_balikbayan! welcome back to your homeland! Glad you are making a decision to stay here in the Philippines than in the USA. You made a right decision! :) try to meet some more locals and gain a lot of insights from them, travel around and enjoy your very own country. That way I think you could get some answers to your questions and might help in adjusting your life here. Are you living with your family here?

I travelled some places already when I was there mainly Boracay, Palawan, and Mindoro.  I stayed in a condo in Manila when I was there.  I rented a condo.  But yes I want to learn.more and explore more of the country.
When I return to live it would be at my own condo.

Thanks for the advice.

:up:

HELLO ALL... I can see from all the messages that this is a great place to come and get information about what is going on and what to do in the Philippines. 

I will be moving to the Philippines, to Manila actually with my 16 year old son.  I am going there in order to change the habits of the young man that I am trying to turn into a man, I feel that the Philippines has so much to offer and show him.

I am retired from the US Army and I dont have a job, so I will need to know information about how I can stay there for a long period of time, being with my son, he can go to school but I will be there and dont want to keep exiting in order to remain current on my VISA.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this and make the transition smoothly?  I am hoping to move there next month.  Please let me know all that you can. 

Thank you so much for your time and help...ANYONE....EVERYTONE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Ray

Welcome Home !

chris_balikbayan wrote:
cookeymuncher wrote:

I travelled some places already when I was there mainly Boracay, Palawan, and Mindoro.  I stayed in a condo in Manila when I was there.  I rented a condo.  But yes I want to learn.more and explore more of the country.
When I return to live it would be at my own condo.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Brian!

Welcome to Expat.com... Though you spent a lot of your time in places outside manila... I assure you that you'l enjoy Manila too... Don't hesitate to pm me if you'll have questions...

ray37ray38 wrote:

HELLO ALL... I can see from all the messages that this is a great place to come and get information about what is going on and what to do in the Philippines. 

I will be moving to the Philippines, to Manila actually with my 16 year old son.  I am going there in order to change the habits of the young man that I am trying to turn into a man, I feel that the Philippines has so much to offer and show him.

I am retired from the US Army and I dont have a job, so I will need to know information about how I can stay there for a long period of time, being with my son, he can go to school but I will be there and dont want to keep exiting in order to remain current on my VISA.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this and make the transition smoothly?  I am hoping to move there next month.  Please let me know all that you can. 

Thank you so much for your time and help...ANYONE....EVERYTONE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Ray

Hi Ray,

I am not sure about how retirement would be in the Philippines, especially in Manila.

But I have met many American retirees in Pampanga and Baguio. They seem to have had a smooth transition. So I don't think there would be a problem there.

By the way, if you plan to stay in Manila, we have some friends in the International School of Manila so your son can go to school with the least problem possible.

:D

chris_balikbayan wrote:

So now Im making plans to move and live in the Philippines early next year and therefore become an expat.  So I hope to learn more an ask some questions from the longtimers here.

Please don't hesitate to ask.

And if you want beaches, I am sure my home province of Batangas will be very happy to welcome you.

:D

its really nice to be back home !

Airlineman wrote:

its really nice to be back home !

Welcome back to the Philippines.

Our Islands have long been waiting for your return...

Welcome back

we welcome you here! :)

Welcome Back!

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]