Helloooo Everyone!! Newbie to Manila (From Canada)

Hello Everyone!

I have posted on a few other topics here but figured I should properly introduce myself here :)

I'm from Vancouver, BC and am arriving in Manila January 6th and will be traveling for about 1 year...

I work online and the weather is cold and wet here... so I figured I would head to a warmer climate... I decided to try Manila as my starting place as I'm new to the Phils and figured it would be a good starting point...

I'm looking for friends to hang out with, network with and just to visit new and different places...

Please feel free to contact me and we can set up some meet-ups for groups... whether it's socializing over some drinks or a day-trip to Enchanted Kingdom or Splash Island... I'm In!

Ciao,

Johnny

Thanks for your intro Johnny!:top:

Harmonie.:)

Thats cool Johnny,

Is this your 1st time here? Have you arranged your placed to stay here. Just pop me a message if you need any help,  I can pm you my number.

Happy New Year and Happy Trip!!

Welcome to Manila.

Cheers!

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to Philippines...Maybe you should include  Puerto Princesa City, Palawan in your plan trips...It's really nice place. Happy Holidays!!!

Always,
Kim

Hello Johny, welcome to warm Philippines! You can join us, sometimes we go to tagaytay or subic. Day trip will do.

Ciao:)

Hi Johnny!

It's nice to see you here in this blog and also nice to know that you're visiting the Philippines :) My sister just moved to BC from Manila last year to start her family.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your stay here as you would find, there's lots of things you can do :D

(moderated: no free adverts on the forum please)

Hi Johnny!

Welcome to my country! I'm a newbie also here in this website.

I have some blogs on some of my travels here in the philippines, maybe you could get some helpful info or tips from there. I can give you the link. Though I haven't been updating my blogs lately, just lazy to do that these days I guess LOL :D I have some reviews too on some restaurants, establishments and accomodations.

If you have some questions or would like to hangout or meetup, ask away. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

Living in Makati now next to Greenbelt... Let me know if there are any meet-ups or trips happening :) I will also search the forums for them :)

Johnny

Johnny5 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

Living in Makati now next to Greenbelt... Let me know if there are any meet-ups or trips happening :) I will also search the forums for them :)

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I work and live near Greenbelt as well. I have a team that loves hiking Philippine mountains and exploring beaches here. We just did Sagada Adventure (Mountain Province) last week and we are planning to go to an island adventure this month.

Let me know if you wish to be a part of it and I will be happy to introduce you to our team...

Cheers!

JB

Sure! Just let me know when :) Would love to check out some beaches!

Johnny5 wrote:

Sure! Just let me know when :) Would love to check out some beaches!

Thanks for the reply. Next destination is Calagua Island (google it). Schedule is March 24 and 25. Have to confirm on or before March 6 if participating.

Approx. expenses is between PHP 3200 to PHP 3500 all inclusive.

Let me know I can PM you the organizers numbers...

Thanks!

whether it's socializing over some drinks or a day-trip to Enchanted Kingdom or Splash Island... I'm In!

How about the Disney Land?
Aren't you too young to be in this forum?

Hi everyone,

I have been living in Rockwell Makati for 3 weeks. (I will move into Makati near greenbelt in August.) 
I came here for work.

And looking for communities that I can join. please let me know, if you organize some activities.
Thank you.

Aco004 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been living in Rockwell Makati for 3 weeks. (I will move into Makati near greenbelt in August.) 
I came here for work.

And looking for communities that I can join. please let me know, if you organize some activities.
Thank you.

Hi Aco004, welcome to expat and most of all welcome to Manila.
Hope your enjoying your stay here. How are you?

cheers!

Hi Versan,
How are you?

I am still learning how I can handle the Philippines life.
I hope I can enjoy here.
Thank you :)

Hi Aco004,

Just saw your post. What about the Philippines do you find confusing or hard?

Maybe I can help with anything :)

THanks,

Maitta

Hi Maitta,

Thank you.:)
I am doing well.
I am still learning the Philippines culture.
I came here in March.

so I would like to go sightseeing.
Do you have any recommended places to visit? Please let me know.:D

Hi Aco004,

There are lot's of options actually!

If you want to know more about the Phils (our history/culture) and have fun at the same time you should try one of Carlos Celdran's tours like that of Intramuros Manila. You can book his walking tour online:
http://celdrantours.blogspot.com/

Most of other nice places for sightseeing are about 1-4 hours drive from Manila, like:
1. Tagaytay 1 hour 1/2 (restaurants and parks), plus tour of Taal Volcano
2. Zambales Beaches 2-4 hours (anawangin cove, san narciso surf waves)
3. Corregidor Tour boat ride from Manila Bay (better to go overnight at the island, they have a night tour of the caves, which is really fun)
4. Rizal 2 hours (Avilon Zoo, Wawa Dam- you can do rock climbing here and caving also)

there are lots of other places to go to.
you can even do Food trips at these places:
1. Pampanga
2. Binondo

or do Church Hopping (old churches)
1. Rizal
2. Laguna
3. Pampanga

My family loves to travel around a lot so if you may need details or trustworthy blogs just tell me :)

All the best,

Maitta

Hi Maitta,

Thank you for the good information.
I look up the website soon.

And also, food trips sound nice.
I will try to find some trips.

I am happy if anyone want to go together.

Thank you.:)

Hello again Aco004,

Maybe we should try going to the Carlos Celdran tour with other expat-blog people! :)

that should be fun.

It sound good.
I would like to go.:)

@Maitta I was wanting to attend that tour for a long time already. let me know if you can set any dates. I heard good feedbacks regarding his tours. I hope it'll be Friday or Saturday though. hehe

@Aco004, and Resuri Ann

Why not April 21.. I've also been wanting to go on that tour... we can do a bit of food trip in binondo as well since its near already :))

Hi,
I am OK on April 21.:)

hey! john, where are you? I will be doing Bicolandia tour on May. From Sorsogon, Legaspi, Naga, CWC, Calagaus island. let me know if you are interested!

Hi all! I'm glad to have found some others who are interested to see the sights of the Philippines! I am a part time expat (married to a full time one). I visit every 3 months or so as I still work in the US. My next visit will be in May and it would be great to meet up with new friends! Hope to meet some of you then.

Best thing to do is check out the beaches...if you're into diving then you can check it out. Some recommendations are in Bohol, Boracay, Palawan and Davao.

Sure hope they push through the planned Sentosa project in Subic, it would be awesome....cheers

Back in Makati now... Let me know if anyone is planning anything :)

Johnny

HI Johnny.

Some friends from Expat.com and I are going to Chinatown in Binondo this weekend to have a Food tour. You want to come with? we Will also be having a walking tour with Carlos Celdran in CCP are in Manila.

THanks. Have a great week!

=Maitta

yup! yup! looking forward to that maitta.. but what is the tour all about?

The one in CCP is about Imelda Marcos (wife of former President Ferdinand Marcos).

Hey Toffee...

This website is for expats and people offering advice... not for trolling threads to market yourself...

Johnny5 wrote:

Hey Toffee...

This website is for expats and people offering advice... not for trolling threads to market yourself...

:lol::lol::lol:

Relax Johnny! maybe he is just new to the blog. :D

And hey Toffee :D
i guess there is a section for advertisement here, so you can just post your concerns there.

Btw, just intrigue with profile. Its kinda odd.

You are american but you are not an expat and you don't live in philippines but you are currently in Makati.

anyhow, good luck!

Welcome to Blog

and welcome to our country?! i guess... :D

I know... I just see they went and posted the same thing on several threads...

yeah.. i've seen it...
he loves posting on the thread. :D
he will get tired soon.. for sure!

Yup :P Oh well... I guess he's just trying to make money :P But to maintain the quality of the website people shouldn't post like that :)

i agree! let's make a protest!:up:

Or rather, lets hire a QC so they can monitor the post if it pass or not? :dumbom::D

lol :)

Hey john & other guys,

We all planned for a meet-up on june 30th.

plz go thru the thread and post your suggestions and join with us & celebrate..:whistle:https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=170553:cheers:
Ratz