Just moved to Riyadh from California

Hey Guys. I'm an Interior designer from Los Angeles, recently moved to Riyadh.

So far, it isn't so bad just some crazy driving, hot weather, and no side walks to take a walk on..lol. How do you meet people, find events, etc. here? I heard Riyadh its extremely strict on many levels.

Don't be shy, say Hi. I don't bite :)

Welcome to the forum.
Wow, bit of a culture shock? I live in fear of the roads! aha.

this forums pretty good for meeting people,
they are mostly lovely! :P

Hello Doseyana and welcome to Expat.com.

Do not hesitate to browse and participate to the Riyadh forum.

Thanks,
Aurélie

Doseyana wrote:

So far, it isn't so bad just some crazy driving, hot weather, and no side walks to take a walk on..lol. How do you meet people, find events, etc. here? I heard Riyadh its extremely strict on many levels.

Hey @Doseyana, Welcome to EB and Riyadh.

Yes, Riyadh is too conservatively Islamic as compared to 2 other big cities (Dammam & Jeddah). But soon you'll get settled and I hope you'll enjoy your time here :)

britgirly wrote:

Welcome to the forum.
Wow, bit of a culture shock? I live in fear of the roads! aha.

this forums pretty good for meeting people,
they are mostly lovely! :P

The culture shock was a descent amount. I'm sort of used to looking at different styles and fashion when I'm walking around. Here, its black and white, and a little bit of red..lol

lets see how good this forum is in meeting people.

@TheLegendLeads , I sure hope so.

Welcome to riyadh and here in expat... Wish you enjoy your stay here... This blog site will help new e pat alot to find friends and share different ideas... Feel free to voice out... Lol... Good luck...

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we'll able to set up or attend different types of events if all goes well. As for the driving, you should be used to all that crazy driving with all those exotic cars with all that tuning going on back in Cali.

Hi Mate , if you find any ideas of playing card games or such events just  hit me up as i am totaly bored 

welcome to RIO & Enjoy your stay

hi,
Yes, Riyadh so strict for singles but for families is better, you can get good friends here.

Doseyana wrote:

Hi ;)

Doseyana wrote:

Welcome to  Riyadh and to the blog as well!

There are sidewalks here, you can try one at Prince Sultan University! its about 4km sidewalk around the university.

You can find meetings, invites, events, etc. from the blog. Just keep on checking the blog from time to time so you'll be updated.

Here's one of invites from your fellow American in celebration of   American Independence Day! Click Here

Enjoy your stay to the City of Sand!

Hi and I don't bite either :)

anaexpat wrote:

Hi and I don't bite either :)

Too bad, there's a steak in the kitchen! :lol:

welcome here

Doseyana wrote:

Welcome aboard, If you are bored then my apartment is a bit shabby and in serious need of an interior designer, dont be shy!!!

Moestavern wrote:
Doseyana wrote:

Welcome aboard, If you are bored then my apartment is a bit shabby and in serious need of an interior designer, dont be shy!!!

loooooooooooooool  :lol:

Moestavern wrote:
Doseyana wrote:

I doubt you can afford me ;) lol

Doseyana wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
Doseyana wrote:

There was no need for that mind!

Moestavern wrote:
Doseyana wrote:
Moestavern wrote:

Al

My wife should be over in October she trained to do the old inertia design thing has letters after her name kind of stuff sure she would give you some pointers for free :lol:  That's if you can wait that long haha!

Cheers Martin , you can always rely on a Brit to come up with the goods!
Might be in Addis Ababa by then though.

Moestavern wrote:
Doseyana wrote:
Moestavern wrote:

I was only kidding :(