Work in Jubail

Hello all,

My work has offered me the opportunity to work in Jubail for 2years.
My partner and I are talking about it but the main 'fear factor' is that she won't know what to do all day.
We would come to Jubail in ~2years.

Reading this, doesn't give us that much hope :)

We don't have children so she was thinking about taking some online courses over the Internet but this won't keep here busy for 2 years.

Is there any thing to do for an expat wife in Jubail (or nearby area)?
Some work as secretary or help in compound area or day time child assistant,...?
My company will not provide (create) work for the partner. Money is not the goal, used staying busy!
Or some activities with other expat partners in Jubail...

Or would you recommend here to stay at home and visit when possible?

Feel free to be brutally honest as it will be a big step for us!

Thanks!

Hi GMSSLV,

I created a new thread as from your message on the Jubail forum.

All the best,
Aurélie

Hi I am English and living in jubail. I am bored out my ,ind there is nothing to do if you are used to an active life . Your day can be filled with various activities but not always what she may choose to do. Lots of wives stay at home and come and visit for a few weeks at a time but not ideal for marriage really. Life is frustrating as a woman as no driving and having to wear abaya which is hot and drags in food and generally pain. I am counting down the days til we leave as its no life at all. You can escape to Bahrain. For the weekend which is a great thing to do as its pretty normal life there with some wonderful restaurants and movie theatres and also a theatre about to open soon. You don't mention how old she is or if she is currently working. She could find a job at the ISG school maybe. Hope that doesn't make you too depressed..........

Bernex presented a good picture of the situation/place etc.

Hey,

Thanks for your honest View of Jubial!

She is 26 and has a good job in Belgium.
We would live in a western compound and have a car with driver (company will not let us drive in the first year). But little good that does if you are not free to go where you want...

So maybe we need to look at the option for her leaving and working in Belgium and me commuting...

Grtz

Just for the record, a little tiny precision : you have to being married (civil ) for move together in KSA

You don't precise it for now ! :rolleyes:

Best of luck ;)