Can I Bring a Filipino Maid to Vietnam?

Hi,

Was looking at working in Danang & want to bring our maid along.

Does anyone know how can we get her a visa & Are there agencies to help?

Thanks,,

CMGHK, well 35 people have looked at this since you posted it yesterday and no response yet. So I guess I'll stick an oar in it. To answer your question yes you can get her a visa. That isn't going to be the problem. Her working legally him in Vietnam as a maid is where all/most of your obstacles are going to be. Are you  working for a company that's giving you a package deal with housing allowances, 2 year temp residency card and such? If not you'll be going through the same procedures she'll will.  Starting out with a 3 month visa, than the procedures for getting a work permit.  Wish all three of you (if your wife's coming with) the best of luck.

3 looks  where mine.

No response so far, for many reason
- very vague info to a huge subject
- rules of immigration / working are stated more than ones and quite comprehensive
- can't see, why a house maid should be exempted from above regulations

Other reasons possible apply additionally.

3ully I agree with your points, except for the last one. It didn't appear to me that he was looking for a exemption, only how to get a visa for her. I tend to look at it like this. If somebody that doesn't live here in Vietnam like we do, takes the time to sign up on the blog, log-in and ask a question then a few minutes of my time to provide some input is what it's all about. Now if it's a really off the wall no brain-er question like a few that have been posted here, that's a different story.

Budman1 wrote:

.........really off the wall no brain-er question like a few that have been posted here,....

- Should I bring my 12" Toshiba laptop to Vietnam
- Should I bring my Black Berry
- Is there internet available in Vietnam - sure, power and water is also widely available

I agree, but starting to resolve the question, before posting:
What would my government say, if if bring my Philippine Maid to my home country.

Why it should be different here?

Each immigrant to Vietnam has to bring qualifications, not available in Vietnam, should/must have graduated - and then a house maid?

Work positions, can not be filled by Vietnamese -  I now a few maids - all worthless, in fact, I got what I paid for. Once I pay more, they celebrate, and don't turn up for work - a vicious circle, but reality.
- open Gate, for entering the house, and it remains open! - I toke the key of her and provided a bamboo ladder for 2 weeks, to pass the gate - since than, she understands, the gate remains closed
- hours of private calls - reduced with turning up the blaster - she could not even feel the vibration of her phone

Even that issues are now partially resolved, my other half has now to do/fix, what the maid is not doing. On failure- accordingly deduction of family support, Atilla Ban, locking away the show off phones and just let her the Chinese phone.
If not one, but all together measure do work.

"What would my government say, if if bring my Philippine Maid to my home country."

l3ully you have a Philippine maid? Why don't you hire a Vietnamese housekeeper?

I have VN housekeepers only

to take one home, She would be required to have a Dr. or similar and an annually income of 60 000 Euro under conditions, that no German housekeeper would have taken the job for many month

As my knowledge, your maid only can get the visa in VN when she have a labour contract with 1 company base on VN. Most of the Filipine working in VN are illegal. Philipine is a one of the Asean , so, they don't need a visa when check in VN. But, only for travel... cannot working.