Enough with the harasment via our private message !

Hello everyone ! I am Romanian,living in Alexandria and I am attached on this forum as I found interesting information. But from time to time I get messages from randoms ( males )asking to chat in private. I never report any , simply didn't answer or polite say no, thank you. The administration of this forum is taking in consideration the indecent or abusive use of the private messages ? I want to report a person , I will not post the id as I don't know if is allowed or not , that simply called me idiot just because I refused to chat with him.

Girls be aware of who you talk to cause this person as many others too are just looking for easy going girls or to obtain his way out of Egypt with an easy visa.I already submitted a a report about his indecent message and you have to do so. Enough with the harassment !

Hi ladyiulia,

We are aware of this matter that we launched a discussion specially about this problem :
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32460

please use the report link to report us all inappropriate or abusive content on the website.

You can report:

-    classifieds,

-    blogs,

-    private messages,

-    users' profiles.

If you think a content does not fit Expat.com policies, do not hesitate to report it. This will help us to keep Expat.com as a safe and friendly place to navigate.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

its better if you report such people here as well so that other will be cautious and will do social boycott ! This is the best way to make such people ashamed. Ignoring them wont help the issues trust me !

Thank you Christine and Armand also ! Alimirza I immediately report him and report the message and I got today a message from Armand that the user was banned ..sure he will come back under other name but I felt so frustrated that people like him make Egypt look bad when in fact is not ! I chosed  to not ignore the insult this time and he got banned but I think are many like him !

My wife is Ukrainian and is on this forum. Her profile clearly states in CAPS that she's married and not interested in talking to men, nevertheless these "types" keep messaging her ....... On behalf of my countrymen I am really sorry for all the women here going through this !

and please. Report any message you see like this. The administrators ban them immediately and you do yourself, other girls and the whole community a big favor when we get rid of them here ..... It's a 30-second process, and entails only two clicks and a few keystrokes !

I'm totally with you... I received messages before from males looking for dates... I'm married and not looking for some 'Egyptian boy' to flirt with.. Thanks for sharing- Agnes

agnieszka17 wrote:

I'm totally with you... I received messages before from males looking for dates... I'm married and not looking for some 'Egyptian boy' to flirt with.. Thanks for sharing- Agnes

REPORT any message you receive and I am sure the sender will be banned from the blog as we have the best admins here!

that's normal idiots everywhere :D:D. Just block and  report because those guys are idiots and nothing won't change them. I feel shame of that as i am Egyptian and my apologies for what happened :)

I'll do as you say... and please do not take shame on yourself for others behaviour, your response is respectful and considerate, thank you.. my greetings -Agnes

Agnes, please use the report button, we perfectly know how do deal with these guys. thanks!

Thank you.. but what if these individuals are sending private messages? Ignore or can I also report them? Greetings -Agnes

report the message itself ...

U can just report them and block them too.