Hi guys two and a half months before my family move to Malta

Hi
Really excited and can't wait to move I'm confident in my choice to move, now all I ask is where the best place to look for places to live as we need to be close to places to search for work also where my child is best growing up
Kind regards
Lee hull

"where the best place to look for places to live as we need to be close to places to search for work" - without knowing what sort of work, somewhat difficult to answer... if its a scuba diving instructor, its a different set of answers to if its a lawyer :-)

Sales really been very experienced in and around sales for years I'm currently just working my notice as manager in phones 4u in England, sorry for the confusion lol

Your biggest problem will be your likely lack of Maltese language. One option is the HSBC call centre

or Northway Brokers in Sliema.....maybe even estate agencies

Don't drive yet that is on my list  for when I'm in Malta lol have got to ring HSBC Tuesday fingers cross for me guys and girls xxx

there is a comprehensive selection process and interview process to get through including role play.
good luck

Hi Lee,

HSBC Contact Centre Malta is advertising an Open Weekend 21.-22. April for Service & Sales Representatives in the 'Sunday Times' - Malta.

They offer a 'top of the line' compensation of 15.619,32 €! Note the 32c ! -)))

The number to call is 2380 4350 or go and speak to staff members .

Estate agents work on commission and usually need Maltese language skills. Certainly not the job to start with when you first come to Malta.

Forget the phone companies here in Malta unless you want to stand at City Gate and promote SIM cards to Maltese teenies.

How about TimeShare? They target the UK visitors only!

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you all for your help this has been much appreciated xxx

Just be aware that HSBC have a really high level of staff turnover....if you can get in - and good luck with that - its a good start and the wages there are quite good to start with.

Northway (a canadian company) on the other hand are IMHO a better outfit, they have a lot of room for bettrement and promotoon too plus dont tend to have the turnover of staff. They really look after those that stay with them...wages arent bad either. plus bonus scheme, good holiday and overtime pay, subsidised parking in sliema too....even bupa as standard, very important if you have family.

With a high level of staff turnover I would question the terms and conditions being offered! They always seem to be looking for staff .

The reason why these companies relocate their call centre's to Malta is the higher chance of finding someone being able to speak decent English on the phone. Most Maltese don't qualify so they try to find folk's from the UK willing to work for a bit more than the average Maltese salary. And they profit from low tax rates - not you !

Of course it doesn't work or would any normal person speaking good UK English be willing to take orders from someone in Malta saying 'tainks'.Just my opinion -)))

I wish anybody and HSBC luck !

Cheers
Ricky

PS You get what you pay for !

So I'd try to get in their but you're saying, it properly won't last long as its a hard job

Hull25 wrote:

So I'd try to get in their but you're saying, it properly won't last long as its a hard job

I suspect they will be looking for a higher standard of English

I should not I'd
there not their
probably not properly

:-)

ONLY MY OPINION....but in my experience of a good few people we have met who work there (and we know a quite few) and with respect they're not the brightest buttons in the box....proper use of the english language not being too high on the selection agenda...IMHO its more likely to be people who arent too ambitious who get the jobs.

They are looking for Telephone Customer support to deal essentially with UK customers.

They need freindly staff with a little bit of sales involved.

They will do a crediit check on you before you get offered the Job this will also include a UK Credit check.

Apart from that it seems quite a nice place to work and its not far from the Main regional road.

Julian