Making friends in Charente Maritime.

Hi I have just found this website. I was born in England and I live in Australia. I am retired & would like to contact others in Charente Maritime. I have spent time before in Nantes. It would be lovely, maybe, to retire in France. I will be visiting France later this year. An online French contact recommended your region strongly. I don't know how to use this site but who knows the results! Perhaps I will hear something here or get advice from the leader - I hope so. Thanks for reading this. Bonne journée. Cyril

Hi Cyril and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created in Charente Maritime forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Cyril! Charente MAritime is a nice friends and  i also want to make friends with people living in that area. ^_^

I actually live in the ---Charente --- where it's very rural and truly French with an abundance of vines growing the produce for the "big boy" distilleries in Cognac and  the fields and fields and fields of Sunflowers, unfortuntely they remain in bloom for long and tend to look "dirty and dead" when the bloom dies.

Life here is truly tranquil, so if you are looking for the HIGH life then this area is not for you, if, on the other hand you want to wander around sleepy small towns, visit a rural brocante, enjoy a "plat du Jour" sat outside where the air is fresh and the passing car a seldom seen thing then by all means  come and see us.

Weve been here now for six years and still feel as if we are on holiday, the people are friendly and the ambience fantastic.