New Expat in Pau France, looking for English speaking friends

Hello everyone,
My name is Natalie. I recently moved to Pau, France from Florida (USA). Are there any other expats in the area that would be up for socializing, getting coffee, or some drinks? My French is limited, so I thought it would be nice to meet up with someone and be able to speak English for awhile. Thanks! :)

Hi Natalie,

I think one of the best ways to meet English speaking people is if you go to the British pubs/bars in Pau. You could also look for the international or Erasmus Facebook groups online where English speaking people will gather and that may organise nights out/meet ups etc. 
Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Apparently my student friend living in Pau says this is a really good night out that a lot of young students/International/English speaking people attend!

https://www.facebook.com/Le-hoegaarden- … 003321391/

Hello Natalie, I,m up for it..I am English and live in Agde. We could start a coffee club or something. Let me know.Alan

Hi, my name is Lynn and I'm from Singapore, stay in Pau for almost 2 mths now and would love to make new friends too that speak English.

Yea. Me too. Looking for some Singaporeans to feel home again:)

Hello,

I share my time between Pau and Paris and I am staying in a small village just outside of Pau which has been difficult for meeting people. I unfortunately do not have a car but it would be a pleasure to have a coffee. There is a small bar in the village called Black Beard.

Kind regards, Franke

I wish, I could meet to have a cup of coffee with you. But I think you stay far from me.

Hi Franke,

What is the name of the village you live in? Maybe we could meet sometime

Where are you located?

Paris

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please share your personal info through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Good morning Natalie and all
After twelve years living outside of France (Mexico, Scotland and United Arab  Emirates) we are gcurrently arranging our move to Pau, a city we don't know, for the end of the year.
We are coming with our 2 kids (7 and 5) who never spent more than 3 weeks in a row in France... Argh !
That's going to be a big challenge for all of us to fit in the French society....
I would be really glad to meet you when we arrive ! Not speaking English on a daily basis will be such a change and not a good one...

Hi, I'll be moving to Pau this week to start a new job from 4/9. I already know some expats in Pau from work. Since I'm used to meetup.com from Singapore, I created a group for expats after work drinks in Meetup.com feel free to join us.
meetu.ps/e/DcQTY/ymD4n/f

Regards,
Firas

Hi
Welcome in pau , we can be friend , i live in France and also English speaker ;)

Am not sure if this is a current thread. Are you people still in Pau?

Hi,
Have just moved here from China. Would also love to meet people in the city. I also lived around the world here and there.

Best

Ada

have worked in Hong Kong. Are you still in Pau?

I'm currently living in Pau and would enjoy meeting any English speakers.

Hi Natalie,

I also just moved to Pau from the Netherlands with limited French skills.
Would love to meet up over a coffee and a chocolatine in Pau.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards, Hania

Hi there Natalie,

Given the time since you posted your message I, obviously, don't know whether you're still in Pau but, if you are I'd be very happy to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

I'm english, living in Pau, and have been living in France for the last 14 years so speak both French and English fluently.

Let me know if you're still about.

All the best,
Katherine

Hi there Marie,

As I said to Natalie, if you are still in Pau I'd be very happy to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

I'm english, living in Pau, and have been living in France for the last 14 years.

Let me know if you're interested.

All the best,
Katherine

My message also goes out to any English speakers living in and around Pau, including Firas, Ada and Hania, and who'd like to meet up for the odd coffee and chat.

All the best,
Katherine

Hello! i am Nishant, i am 25 years old, living in Paris and studying masters of electronics engineering specializing in nanotechnology and wireless communication systems. I am from New Delhi, India and love to travel and make friends and talk to people even though i am an introvert and very shy but that's only in the beginning :D would you like to talk sometime ?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been in and out of Pau for the past 5 years and will be back at the end of May. We keep staying longer and longer (this year will be 9 months) and meeting others is definitely high on our list. We live by place georges clemenceau (the heart of Pau) and are available for things like coffee/hikes/you name it. Send me a message so we can make a connection and then meet in person when we get back!

-Erin

Oh, FYI, Natalie is not in Pau any longer!

-Erin

Hi Nishant,
I recently come to Paris from Noida

Hi "Velo"

My husband and I live in Pau, we are Americans. We've been coming here for 5 years but started making things more permanent last year. We have been living in Mexico for the past 10 years but are making France more the home base.

Are you in Pau? Are you getting situated? I am definitely open to meeting other foreign residents, so let me know your story! We live in the center.

Take care,

Erin

Hi and notice your post is over 18 months old. I'm thinking of moving to Pau in early 2020. Any info you have found out that would help me?   Thanks..

Dennis

Hello,

I visited Pau this year and am going to return to look seriously for a permanent place to live next summer. Would you be open to some questions via this source, or better still, via email. I'm at ***

thanks very much,

Dennis

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the website's private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Pau from Scotland. Would be great to meet up with some English speakers (my French is very limited) for coffee sometime if any of you are still here :)

Hi ....I arrive in Pau on May 17, so if you're still interested, I'd be delighted to get acquainted. I speak some English and mostly Texan!!!  Dennis

Hello and welcome to Pau!  I live in the Lot, about 2 hrs from Toulouse.  Retired from Florida.  I am a dual citizen with French being my mother tongue so if I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Veronica

Hi Veronica...and thanks for your reply. I would like to take you up on that. What is the best way to reach you between now and then? This posting or something else? Thanks, Dennis

Sorry...and I don't know what the private messaging system is...please explain..Dennis

I'm still in Pau

Hi Dennis,
I am new at this message system as well.  I only checked the forum today and noticed you replied already five days ago.  I apologize for the delay. I thought the reply would come to my email address. I wonder if we are allowed to put our contact info here?
Is this message seen by everyone??
I will investigate and get back to you.
Veronica

Sure. Kindly send me your number?

Hello
Is anyone from this chat still in Pau ?

yes I am in Pau