Expat Community in the South of France

Hello Everyone,

Richard here. My partner and I are considering a long stay visa in the south of France (Perpignan, Narbonne, Bezier).

Is there an English-speaking community in the Languedoc region?

We would like to here about others peoples' experiences.

RG

There is not actually an English speaking community where I live; near Beziers.  however there are a lot of English people here.  if you are having trouble communicating with the French, I would be happy to help you.  I live in Nissan lez Enserune, between Béziers and Narbonne

Thank you for the information.

we also are Americans looking in the S of France Narbonne/ Casscarone & moving onward towards Biarritz area. I am not speaking French, my husband is fluent. Any Americans in any S France Regions willing to discuss pros and cons of living in one region versus another?

Merci' Debi M

Hello Myerds314,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

If you wish to engage in discussions on specific topics with members of the France forum, do not hesitate to initiate a new thread to ask your questions.

This is the most effective way to gather the information you are seeking.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@gallowayrw

Hi Richard,

actually, near the beach of Narbonne, in Gruissan, where I used to live a while, there are many foreigners (UK, German,...) owning apartments to spend some months over there - although in winter it could be a bit deserted. 

That could be perhaps a good starting point...

Good luck,

cheers,

Michael