Planning to move to Tunisia

Hi my name is Jessie and I have an 8 yr old son. I met a
Tunisian man online about a year ago, and we are going to get married. I have not decided if we will live there or come back here to live in the USA. I am not sure when I will be going there but would love to talk to someone who has moved to Tunisia from the USA. Or anyone living there that can give me insight on the country. tips and any information. Thnx

Your question is too general and the answer could be endless. It would be better if you ask some specific questions so we know what exactly you want to know.

Jessie, my husband and his family currently reside in Tunis, Tunisia and I may be moving there soon myself.  I have been there at least 6 times each time approximately 3-8 weeks.  It is lovely there and if your fiance has employment that is good and stable it may not be a bad move for you.  I have to wait due to health reasons otherwise I would already be there enjoying being right next to my husband once again.  It certainly is easier getting residency there then over here for him.  If you would like to further discuss please feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Good luck,
April

c if stability is there.

Hi, Are you in Tunisia? Or not yet?

Tunisia is safe now! But you must always be careful

Congratulation for the wedding ;)

Bests
Karem

Hi Jessie,

Congratulations on finding love. Just make sure you take a visit to Tunisia before making any decisions.  Tunisia is a wonderful country with great people but the laws and traditions are different to the US and better to know a bit before you decide which country to live in. 

For example for a foreign woman married to a Tunisian man if you wish to take a plane out of Tunisia for any reason with any children you have had together you need a letter of authorisation from the husband legalised by the municipality.  Otherwise they will not let you leave the country.  Go onto these websites for some good forums to ask some questions - nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk or tunisia.com