Salaam

Hi
I have been in Tunis for 3 months and am truly interested in meeting other American/English speakers. My Arabic is elementary and I don't know French.

Wondering if there's a location expats tend to gather? I'm a bit starved for conversation I can fully understand (and be understood in)! :)

Thanks!

Hi amntun and welcome to Expat.com!

Where about in Tunis do you live?

Francesca

Hi Francesca! I'm in Menzah

hi Francesca, I am not American but I was an ESL and Spanish teacher in NC and VA for about 7 years so I speak fluent English ;) I live in Ariana. Welcome to Tunis :)

amntun wrote:

Hi Francesca! I'm in Menzah

I live in Menzah too. Been here for a year and a half now.

Hi Amntun I've moved to Tunis last year Oktober and I also live in ElMenzah.  I am German and grew up in Morocco.  I visited the American School there 'till 9th grade so my English is pretty decent.  Contact me if you want to chat a bit.

Hi all! Thanks for the responses! I'm heartened to know there are other English speakers so close by! I'm free most afternoons till about 3 and then some evenings around 7 if anyone would like to meet up? I don't know much around here, but I've become fond of Trait d'Union, perhaps we can pick a day and time and whoever is free, we can meet?

hey, my name is nesrine,22 . I am an English studentI. live in Carthage and it would be great if we can meet :) have a nice day

Ahlan to Tunisia(thats what they say here to welcome people)lol

If You are in Tunis,the chances are more in finding U.S citizen and most of them Live in the North side of Our new Embassy,The Marsa,Sidi Bou Said,Carthage....

I use to go to some happy hours before in the weekends via some sites related to the Embassy endorsment and we meet lots of American and none American workers around Tunis.

I had to learn french to comunicate here more than Arabic (it's weird)but I had to do it even though I do work at an english firm which is Tunisian...go figure lol

I wish You find your ways around here and be sure that the country is very safe and people here are so polite (in most part)...

What kinda work you do here?

W.J

Hi everybody! I am russian I life in Gammarth. If u guys would like to make new friends, contact me:)

hi there , any news  ? :)

I am in Tunisia in Concorde hotel for some days. i dont know much arabic, my french is poor
i am looking for a private tutor to teach me french and arabic. anyone wanna help
Syl

hi, maybe i can help u for teaching french. nice day
Nadia

I can help :)

I live in La Marsa and come to Tunis when it's not so hot! The lite-rail or TGM goes between Tunis and La Marsa.

Patrick

Hi!! I will be glad making new friends speaking english i live in ezzahra. South tunis