Hi

Hi,

Myself Soumo from India. Very soon am coming to Mauritius. Am an  Optometrist working in Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital,India which is going to open branch there very soon. My company is providing accomodation along with 20,000/- rupee. Is it enough for living over there ? What will be food expense for a person over there ?

som110583 wrote:

Hi,

Myself Soumo from India. Very soon am coming to Mauritius. Am an  Optometrist working in Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital,India which is going to open branch there very soon. My company is providing accomodation along with 20,000/- rupee. Is it enough for living over there ? What will be food expense for a person over there ?

yes it is more than enough for mauritius.it all depends abt the person's lifestyle most of the time..

Please note that the minimum legal pay for expatriates is 30,000 rs per month.

You have to get paid minimum 30,000 to get an occupation as professional

Welcome to Mauritius dear Soumo

Julien is perfectly right in that you will not be able to get an Occupational Permit and hence a Residential Permit if your salary is less than Rs 30,000/- = US$ 1000/-

I would like to appear discourteous to my friend Neosmith. Still, I would say that Rs 20,000/- is just okay rather than “... more than enough for Mauritius ...”

I got to understand that you are 26 years old and single, and surely would not have much expenses with a “prudent” lifestyle.

The priority for you would be to get a contract of work indicating that your salary would be at least Rs 30,000/- together with the free accommodation.

This would enable you to travel on a Business Visa. You could then clear your papers and obtain your Occupational Permit and Residential Permit once in Mauritius.

Best of luck!

Vayid – [email protected]

Hi everybody ... a very useful forum. Can I ask about the Internet over there? It seems that the max speed one can get in Mauritius is only 2MG. I plan to be running a small business requiring a solid speed and 2MG seems rather low for a business (I'm not an IT person, but I know that common residential speeds in London are 3-6MB). Does anyone know if businesses can get a better speed? Or am I unnecessarily moaning because the 2MG is in fact OK?

Many thanks for your help

Adam

Hi Adam,

well, internet for particular costs around 1650rs per month, 1mo. The cost for business is x2.

The quality of the line depends of where you live: at the beginning or at the end of the line. Almost everybody says "it's ok", but I have got a lot of problems with my adsl line. A few friends have 2 connections (adsl + wimax) and they use what we call a "load balancer" system.

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the information regarding salary n all. I am an indian & non-veg, do you able to give me any rough idea about fooding cost over there if I go for only indian food ? And what will be the mobile charges ?

You should note that Rs30,000 is the minimum salary if you're on an Occupation permit. Earning less doesn't prevent you from getting a Work and REsidence permit as in the still running scheme from Ministry of Labour and Immigration. This is what skilled labour have recourse to (machinists in textile, drivers, tailors, etc).

But, in my opinion Rs20,000 for a professional in the medical field is less than the market rate. Check that well.