Moving to Sao Paulo

Hello All,

I am moving to Sao Paulo for a project for 1 to 1.5 Yr as Expat. I have tolook after all arrangement to live there- could anyone pls advise the areas to live or any weblink about areas to live in , car, cost of living- you know general info an expat would need.

I have never been to Brasil and I am coming with my partner.

Thanks for advise

Cheers
Akshar
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Hi, Ashkar!
I could tell you about the best places to live in SP (Higienópolis, Morumbi, Vila Olímpia, Vila Nova Conceição, Ibirapuera, Parque Vila Lobos surrounds, Pinheiros, Pompéia, Itaim, Pacaembu, etc) , but I believe you should consider the office location in order to find a home, as traffic conditions are usually heavy in the city. You'll find the top neighborhoods in the West and South areas of the city, but there are some cozy neighborhoods in the other areas as well.
Rentals varies according to the area, and you can find 3 dorm houses starting at (not bad, but not so hot neighborhoods) R$2000,00 plus taxes on the property and utilities - electrical (200), water/sewer (60/90), gas (40), telephone (basic service is not bad, but long distance may be a problem). If you choose an appartment, condo fees apply. Schools also varies (700/1600), but if you choose American or British ones, the costs go way up.
As for cars, just for an idea, you can visit www.chevrolet.com.br, www.ford.com.br, www.volkswagen.com.br just for an idea. Japanese and European models are also available.
I guess it all depends on what your company is offering you.
If you need more info, let me know by email.
Regards and welcome to Brazil.