Pregnancy in Paris

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Paris?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Paris?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hi Christine

I am newly pregnant and although I am living for 2 years in Paris, this has been a whole new procedure for me! I hope the info I am giving you is correct, I am just learning as I go.

You can attend any hospital which is convenient for you and if they have availability. If you are working here, your insurance may only cover you for certain hospitals. If you are looking for English speaking certainty then you will need to register with the American Hospital in Neuilly-Sur-Seine or the Hertford British Hospital in Levallois-Perret. There is a waiting list at these hospitals and they are quite expensive but again your mutuelle or insurance may cover it.
There are  list of english speaking gynaecologists and there will certainly b one in the various hospitals. I have decided to go to one who is local to me and associated with my GP. You will need to try and find one early though and they may also attend to the birth in the hospital you choose.
You may already know but you also need to register your pregnanacy with your local social security office within the first three months.
I am all ears about learning so much more and am looking forward to others replying to you.
Best Wishes
Niamh

Hi Niamh!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Armand

[Moderated]