CV in Malta

Hello Expats!!!

IŽm making a Currículum Vitae to look for a job in "hospitality indutry" in Malta and I have some doubts. Could anyone help me with it?

-ItŽs recommended to put my "photo" in the CV?
-ItŽs recommended to insert genre, nationality and date of birth?, or -(like in UK)- ItŽs preferably not to do?

Thank you very much in advance,
Best Regards to expat family,
Javier.

Nobody can help me?

Well people probrably can help .. but I for one have only just seen this one....

Its up to the individual i think...

"Like in the UK...." .... well i have alway included my DOB on my CV and Usually the Picture gives it away as to my Gender...

I include pictures on my CV top right hand corner ... but thats my preference... so again upto the individual.

Julian

Hello Scubaboy,
Thank you very much for your advice, youŽre so kind.
Best Regards, Javier.

Hi Javier,

welcome to the forum.

Just got back from a stormy weekend in Gozo.

If you are looking for a job in Malta forget what might be recommended in the UK.

Include anything that will be of advantage to your personal application. Many hotels are starting to interview for the summer season so include all qualifications that you have for the tourist industry including gender and photo-))

Cheers
Ricky

Actually just heard that the Intercontinental is having an open Day this weekend...

Get that CV done

J.

Hi Javier,

be prepared to come to Malta for the job interview. Even for the lowest paid job you will have to be in Malta for the interview and will probably have to wait for weeks to hear back on the results.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky and Julian,

Thank you very much for the info, I will folow all your advices about the CV in Malta, I will come to Malta in march, 27 and IŽm hopeful to find a job in the hospitality industry there.

Thank you very much. Both of you are so kind.
Best Regards from Spain,
Javier.

Hi Javier,

I was using my American style resume without changing it much and was getting good responses. I've read that Europass format suggests a photo, gender and lots of personal info, but I find that discriminatory and didn't include any of that. I think it's really your preference, but I would definitely suggest to include nationality, if you are an EU National. They prefer not to deal with work permit process.

Best regards,

Irina

Hello Irina,

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, finally I have included my nacionality (IŽm an EU citizen) and my gender, but not my D.O.B. and Photo.

Thank you very much,
You are so kindness,
Best Regards,
Javier.