Property Market in Mauritius

Hi to everyone in Mauritius! I have just found this site and it is amazing! Just wanted to see if anyone had any info on Real Estate in Mauritius.

I have been successfully selling luxury villas and land in Bali for the last few years but would love the chance to do the same in Mauritius. I have always wanted to go there. Does anyone know how the property market is there? Do many holidaymakers invest in property there?

Also, what about the legalities of working there, could I sell property there? Work permits etc.

Questions, questions, questions. Sorry about so many on my first post.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Does anybody know if there are any particular areas that are more popular for villa development? E.G. in the South? Near golf courses?
Anyone know of any developments that may be in need of sales staff?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome on Expat-blog Ukexpat!

Maybe you should have a look on the Work in Mauritius guide. :)

Emerald heights is a big project under construction in the South of Mauritius. It caters mosty for IRS scheme. You can write to them and try your luck.

Great, thanks for the tips guys.

Welcome on Expat.com ukexpat,

You should try to find out more about the IRS and the RES schemes ;)http://www.investmauritius.com/

Thanks for the welcome Julien.

Cheers for that website, very informative.

@ukexpat hi goodmorning ...

Am a contractor in contruction in villas etc , in mauritius ..

In mauritius you have big big opportunity for selling villas / panthouse / studios / private house  / apartment ..etc .

But for starting , fast release permit ,you have to open a company with Vat or put money in a registered company and be a shareholder for 49% of the company, you can be the owner indirectly on proposal some work or invest on his name and in front of Gov.. of mauritus you can act like the manager of the company ,but you have to talk to the partner first ,mean  you have to do a joint partnership with a local from mauritius, as from that, you can start creating contact as from then..

After that you can buy land and make your own villas etc ..

By building and selling is more advantagers like to do selling indirectly..

Well if you have some more question ..

Pls you can contact me ..

North and West is very popular for foreign investors . New smart city project in the west coast look up Bijou residence in.the west coast . Contact the MD of this development Mr Warren Rajan