Things I can do in Brasov, Romania

I was wondering what are some things I can can do in Brasov, Romania to fill my days. Here my days are full between working part time and homeschooling my 2 children but when we move the company my husband is working for will paying for private school for both our children and possibly househelp to boot. So far everytime I ask my father in law (who is living there already) what I can do he tells me I can shop or ski. Just in case you are wondering why I am here asking all of these questions instead of him. He Is running a very large mission group as well a very rapidly expanding company. He is so busy it is hard to get him to take the time to answer our super important questions, the rest I am posting here and there. Thanks
Jennifer

You can do many things in Brasov and around. From shopping to travel.
The center is beautiful, typical old European city and well preserved.
To the south there are several shopping malls where you could spend days.
The suroundings invite you to endless tracking days and if you feel alone you can get in touch with local and foreign people.

And further more: Bucharest is just 2:30 h by train in case you want to go to cultural events that might be scarce in Brasov.

Take care,
Radu.

Beside what you and webcarp mentioned, you may also have fun in lots of places. You can find many good bars, pubs or clubs.
And the city looks beautiful. It should be a pleasure to live there.