Australian wanting to move to Mauritius. >quite long, apologies<

Hi.
My name is Zack, and I have just signed up to Expat.com today.

I am currently looking into seeking work in Mauritius and moving there. My work background is Hospitality, and I have been in the Industry ever since I was 14. Having studied Hospitality in High School and then Hospitality Management at a Sydney college, I have worked in many areas of the industry including International hotels, restaurants, cafes and even overseas (The U.K. for 2 years). 
At the moment I am working as a night Manager in a Sydney North Shore restaurant but am desperate to expand my experience and get back into hotels, especially overseas.
Can anyone on here point me in the right direction as to what I should do now to help find a job in Mauritius? As I am an Australian citizen I will need a visa to work. I have read about the occupational permits and work permits, so I understand that I need to try find someone to employ me in the industry?
In anyones opinion how hard do you think this would be, and is there really a market out there for young Australians (i'm 22) to seek employment in the hospitality industry in Mauritius. I don't speak French so I understand this may be a downfall, but obviously am fluent in English, and no doubt willing to learn the lingo.
As I have family friends living in Mauritius, I plan on coming over in October for a couple of months to look into my options further, I was planning on sending out resume's to hotels before I leave Sydney and then trying to get in contact with them once I arrive. Do you think this is a good idea?
I have also seen the job websites on here such as myjob.mu etc, haven't looked into them yet but will these help me in Hospitality? Would anyone here be willing to get in contact with me when I arrive, if you are working as an expact in the Hospitality Industry, or do you know of anyone who can help me?

Well thats basically it, I apologise for my short novel, but would rather people understand my background so that I can get as much information as possible.
Thanks to anyone here who can help me, I will be waiting in anticipation.

Zack :)

Hello, Im also considering moving there, Im 25 years old and want to work in the travel industry, dont speak french but have worked 3 years as a travel consultant and studied hospitality in high school here in Norway. Been to Mauritius once and it was heaven! We are now just beginning to look for jobs and this forum has very much good information. We are thinking about going in October, November, but Im not reeeally sure how long we can stay in Mauritius without having a job, so hopefully we can get some kind of job before going there or at least apply and register our cv's online and try to get a job when coming down there. A bit scary but I really hope it works out. If you have any tips for me just write me, or you can write just to say how things are working out for you!

hi zack,

my name is deepa and yeah can help you there because my dad has been working in hospitality for many many years here and we know a lot of people and we have contacts here.. it is not that hard believe me.. but it would be great if you can tell me more precisely what you have been doing in hospitality so that i have an idea and can help you more properly.. get in touch with me and i am sure i can help...

Deepa

Heidii83, Nice to meet you.
I'm glad that theres someone else out there who is so keen to work and live in Mauritius :)
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Mauritius. I was there in Feb. this year and also had an amazing time, it's such a beautiful place!
Will be more than glad to let you know how my progress goes over the next few months before I leave. :)

Deepa.
Hi! Please check your private inbox, I've sent you a message :)

Zack.

Welcome on board Zack,

yes, you'll have a find an employer here in other to get a work permit as professional.

You should send as much CVs as possible to the hotels on the island ;)