Hey Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I moved to Dalian just over a week ago and although i'm extremely excited to be here i'm still feeling very homesick (originally from London, England). I moved here to be with my boyfriend of 3 years who is originally from here.

I honestly thought i'd be able to shake this feeling off and feel more at home by now and can't help wondering if maybe a few home comforts would perk me up abit.

Is there anywhere in Dalian i would be able to find food that is sold in England as well as here. I panicked when i went to the local supermarket and found no fruit, no veg, no meat! I'm currently eating fast food which is not great :)!

Many Thanks to any answers!
Becky xxx
:D:D:D[/color]

Hi Becky !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Becky,

Like you've been thinking about going to live in beijing, not really very encouraging pints .. but encourage, look at the funny side of everything .. if you find nothing to eat to avoid gaining weight ...

kiss

Ax

hey ill be coming over for a day or so for work, let me know if you would like to hang out. or if you want me to bring you something that youre craving?!

Lol, many thanks!

Anything...steak/burgers...i thought i'd really enjoy the food here but it seems not to be to my tasting, which is a shame!

Sorry but I suggest you two move back to England. The food and supermarket in China is very different from that in the UK. I don't know about you but I find some people can hardly get adapted to the salty food here.

thats kindda harsh to tell someone to leave if they dont like the food! its not like she insulted the food there!

borntobemild wrote:

thats kindda harsh to tell someone to leave if they dont like the food! its not like she insulted the food there!

I didn't mean to be rude. I just think she might live a better life in England as food plays a big role in the life. Dalian is a northern city where the traditional eating habbit is retained mostly.
To be honest, I think living in England is better in most cases. Thast's why so many ppl around the world queue up for emigration to there. It's nothing but a comparison.
Anyway she's welcome here for sure.

try a bigger supermaket!

Hmmm, thanks to the advice but I wouldn't leave Dalian (or my boyfriend) just because I didn't enjoy the food :):) it's just a case of trial and error with many of your foods..... England is great, I agree, but I find dalian to be more relaxed and I find the life style out here to actually be better then it is in London.
Regards,
Becky

hello,

theres a great foreign food supermarket that is huge. its called metro and its next to the Xianglujiao train stop. if you take your passport you can get a membership card and then you can shop there.
dont worry you've only been here a week it takes a while to get used to a completely different place. even if you had moved to another city in your own country a week wouldnt be long enough to get used to it!

Thanks very much Emilyvg, the metro here is great. I've been eating a lot of different things to try and find some foods that I enjoy eating, half was horrible :) but I found bits and pieces that I like and I've sorted my gas out now so that I can cook :). My boyfriend has membership already with metro so I'm eating well now :) many thanks!!
Ps - happy valentines day to all
Xx