Food!!

Ok so I've read different things on where to go and shop around Dalian but maybe I'm missing something or I'm setting the bar too high. I've been everywhere but metro that supposedly has a wide range of imported foods but truth be told I'm still struggling a bit. I'm a stay at home dad with 2 kids that needs to figure out what to cook each day for dinner and not being able to find simple things like ground beef is making that a bit of a challenge. If it was just me, i could live off every little thing I see as I am more adventurous than anyone in my family. My son is extremely picky however and is making this a little bit tough. I need some suggestions and someone to point me in the right directions if possible. Thanks for any help that I get.

Hi Jon,

This is what i've found -

Metro is Rubbish :o I went there and found nothing!

Walmart is very good and where i do most of my shopping.They sell all meat and it's packaged, not left out for anyone to touch. They also sell all spices, butter, 'normal' sliced break, croissants. They also sell children's yogurts, biscuits and chocolate.

Sunnys Supemarket - The best find in Dalian! They sell lots of imported food like Marmite, tea, breakfast cereal, pizza's and frozen meals... definitely worth taking a trip.

If, like me, you like to cook healthy meals from scratch then get all of your fruit and veg and spices from a street market. The produce is honestly the freshest and it's so cheap i feel guilty when i buy it :lol:

Hope this helped.
sorry if you've tried all the above already.

Becky