Looking to rent a room/flatshare

Hi I m looking to rent a room or a flatshare ASAP preferably on the north shore. Thanks

Hi james ludwick,

You should have a look at the Malta classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there as well. It migth help you.

Hi
im Adi chhetri
im nepalese nationality
im wroking as a chef in wagamama restaurant at st. julians.
i want to bring my wife here in malta is that possible? could you please give me an idea?
thanking you
chetri

Hi chetri,

welcome to the forum.

So far I didn't get around to visiting the restaurant-))

As to your question about bringing your wife to Malta, it could be possible but probably very difficult.

Please send me more details about your specific work visa, how long have you been in Malta and so on. The more details the better. Send them by Private Message including your e-mail and I will get back to you and meet you .I live near Ballutta Bay which is not that far away.

Regards
Ricky

Dear Ricky
thank you for your reply,
i arrived in malta 6th of feb. but i have workpermit. as much as i know if i have work permit i can bring my wife as dependent visa but i dont know to whom i contact for the dependent visa.
here is my email you can send me privet messege
[email protected]
Thank you
Chhetri

Hi chhetri,

with your work permit you have to apply for ordinary residency in Malta if you have not done it already. Try getting help from the HR department of your employer as they could well have good contacts. When you have been granted residency yourself you can then apply for certain family members.

The conditions that apply to family reunification for third-country nationals are not that easy. I will send them to you through e-mail.

The relevant authority is the ' Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affair' at 3, Castille Place in Valletta near the Upper Barrakka Gardens.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank You Very Much Ricky.
yeah!! i will speak my employer regarding this matter.
so its possible to bring my wife over here. im happy
thankx one again.
Chhetri

Hi Chhetri,

wait a bit before you get happy. I just sent you the conditions for family reunification by e-mail as the list is quite long , too long for a post, and not that easy to fulfil.

I wish you luck with the project.

Regards
Ricky

Ya i got your email but im really sad because to bring my wife i have to wait for one year.
i want to bring her before one year. but its impossible i think right?
Chhetri

Hi Chhetri,

it's actually worse. You have to wait 1 year before you can even apply and you have to have been a resident in Malta yourself for two years!

Nothing is 'impossible' in Malta but in this case it probably is. Talk to your employer about the situation.

Regards
Ricky

Good Morning Ricky
i want to get info regrading to bring my wife in malta. to whom i should can get right info? where is the immigration office in malta. please help me today i want to go that office to get more info...
thank you
chhetri

Hi chhetri,

please check out the e-mail I sent about family reunification that I sent you on the 16. th Febuary.

If you want to discuss the issue you would have to visit the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs in Valletta:

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/Library/Cit/CEA8-URP.pdf

The link gives you details and the address in Valletta.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you ricky
today i went visa unit valletta but it was closed. so im again going on monday. i hvent any idea what to do. wehre to go. thankx for your help.
hope i will get sulotion.........
chhetri