Hello, and question re: residency visa

Hello everyone. Back in Trip after extended eight month break.
Just been told that we have to have medicals, conducted locally, before residency visa is granted. Anyone know about this?

Yup, is standard. Your local company HR guy needs to sort it.
OB

Thanks for that.  Not sure if I fancy a medical at the local facility!!

It's very basic, blood test and chest X-Ray, needs to be redone every year as well, but nothing to panic about.
My last chest x-ray included my glasses, hanging from my shirt, a pen, smokes and lighter in my pocket.
OB

officeboy wrote:

It's very basic, blood test and chest X-Ray, needs to be redone every year as well, but nothing to panic about.
My last chest x-ray included my glasses, hanging from my shirt, a pen, smokes and lighter in my pocket.
OB

This is also similar to stories of how my father and uncles got examined in Libya 30 - 40 years ago. This is exactly what we hope to change in the future with our efforts. The days of Libyans themselves keeping themselves back and foreigners ridiculing the peoples and the country are going to end within a generation. Compare the above statement to a medical examination you would be receiving in a European or North American facility for employment eligibility.