Work Permit for new Oil Company

I am waiting for my work permit and a copy of my passport has recently been asked for by the employer for work permit. Any idea how long would it take to get approved? Any experiences with Harouge Oil Company? Thanks for your comments.

thickhead wrote:

I am waiting for my work permit and a copy of my passport has recently been asked for by the employer for work permit. Any idea how long would it take to get approved? Any experiences with Harouge Oil Company? Thanks for your comments.

it all depends upon your PRO my friend ... how well connected he is and how's his relation ship with you - secondly it depends what position you are working in VEBA - how much does the company want you ! its all about importance ! ...

Its a senior engineer role and the pre-employment medical forms have been sent yesterday. Thanks

Dear Sir,

Right Now i'm Workig in Qatar in Business Visa. I have received my offer Letter from Libyan COmpnay and They have even forwarded my Libyan Visa reference to LIbyan Embassy in Qatar. When i contact the Libyan Embassy they informed us that i have to produce Medical Test reports for HIV & X ray report being issued by Qatar Govt. Hospital. Since in Qatar Medical Test is conducted ony for those applying for Resident Permit Visa holders only.

I have informed the same to Libyan Embassy personnel but they are adamant and they insist that i produre the report from Govt Hospital Ony. They are not permitting to get it done from Private clinics.

I'am Stuck up. Please help me to resolve this issue.

REgards
Pradeep

Pradeep - your local Libyan company should you help out ont his and they should put pressure on the embassy with their connections to let a go this matter ... btw u r coming for what company .. if u dont mind. thanks.

thickhead wrote:

Its a senior engineer role and the pre-employment medical forms have been sent yesterday. Thanks

I am sure it should take about 7 - 10 days ... normaly ...

We get our blood test & X Ray done in the govt. hospital in Tripoli in order to renew our residency each year. You get your visa in Qatar, then come here and apply for residency.
I always look fwds to queuing up outside in the January 'sunshine' waiting for my X Ray. Take a good book.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for taking time to comment.
On another note, I am currently not in my resident country and would be getting medical tests conducted in another country through a renowned clinic. Will this medical exam be acceptable to the company in Libya or I need to get it done in my country of residence?
Thanks

thickhead wrote:

On another note, I am currently not in my resident country and would be getting medical tests conducted in another country through a renowned clinic. Will this medical exam be acceptable to the company in Libya or I need to get it done in my country of residence?
Thanks

it should be accepted !

thickhead wrote:

Thanks

I am pretty sure you HAVE to get your blood test and X ray done at the local clinic here. As Mudman has pointed out it is a rather arduous procedure. The other medical checks blood pressure tests etc can be carried out elsewhere.

The man is right. You have to queue up for the X ray at the 40 year old former East German field ambulance just like the rest of the crowd.

thickhead wrote:

whats your nationality - my friend ...

aroojsm wrote:
thickhead wrote:

By checking his profile he seems to be Australian. He will also be be working for the NOC (same as me) if he is working for Harouge. The NOC is an interesting employer, some very good bits, but the pay is shocking in comparison to the private sector.

Clansman wrote:
aroojsm wrote:
thickhead wrote:

By checking his profile he seems to be Australian. He will also be be working for the NOC (same as me) if he is working for Harouge. The NOC is an interesting employer, some very good bits, but the pay is shocking in comparison to the private sector.

I agree ...

Thanks guys for your input and I apologize for reading them so late. Have been traveling frequently. The medicals have been submitted in the first week of January. Any idea about how long will the work permit/visa would take to come through? A gentleman on this forum wrote that it took six months for his visa to come through. As and when it does come through, would it need to be affixed to the passport by Libyan Embassy in Australia? or it will be some kind of an electronic authority to travel to Libya? Thanks in advance.

Mate, it does need to go into your visa in Australia
OB

Bob, Mate, Good luck getting that information.....
I don't envy you your job.
The locals are quite happy to wander around a work site in Flip Flops, Smoke whilst they are filling the car, speed bumbs get hit so hard and fast they fall to pieces within days, texting whilst hanging off home made scaffolding (with flipflops and a flat cap, because a hard had doesnt keep your head warm) and thats just the Health & Safety supervisors.....