New Residency Issues ?

I've heard a rumour today that all new residency applications are being put on hold ? Something to do with a knee jerk response to International companies not employing enough locals or not training the locals they are required to employ.

Anyone else heard anything from their 'liaison' people ?

My residency application has been "in process" since October. Our PR says "maybe", or "another 10 days or so"

I told them I need exit/re-entry stamp as i will be travelling in the last week of december. Its been 4 weeks and it's still "in process" and it will be ready "maybe tomorrow".

(moderated: offensive post)

Every year upto 2008 Manpower department sent list of trainees to all foreign companies. These guys were supposed to be trained on some technical / English skills and kept on the company payroll for 1 year at minimum wage (LD 250/month).

In 2009/2010 manpower department did not forward the names of any trainees so it was thought that the training program was dropped.

Now at the fag end of 2010, someone in manpower department suddenly woke up and letters have been sent out to all companies to deposit funds by certified cheques to the manpower department against training of personnel for the years 2009 / 2010.

They are asking for LD 250/trainee/month for 2 years + LD 600 / trainee/year for technical course fees.

Till this issue is resolved with individual companies, no new work permit applications or visa renewal applications will be entertained.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards,

I don't think this situation affects oil companies as their are under supervision of NOC and there are different rules applying to trainees, different visa and passport procedures, etc.

I just had my residency renewed 3 weeks ago, no problems at all.

Good for you......... Probably your company "fixed" the problem already.

Letters have been sent out to various international companies with LD amounts based on their expat workforce and the number of trainees assigned to them. LD 7,800 per trainee / year. Worst off are the construction companies employing a multitude of expat labourers.

enraged1 wrote:

I told them I need exit/re-entry stamp as i will be travelling in the last week of december. Its been 4 weeks and it's still "in process" and it will be ready "maybe tomorrow".
(moderated: offensive post).

I don't like your reply actually , and your attitude is really offending toward the people that welcomed you in their country and opened a work opportunity for you among others..

Please be more polite and erase this comment, since there are a lot of LIBYANS visiting this website...

Thank you

Dadorocks > you are new here, so please don't start giving orders to other members ...

By the way, we've already moderated enraged1's post (and we will intervene again if needed/required) and please remember you are on an expat website.

Julien wrote:

Dadorocks > you are new here, so please don't start giving orders to other members ...

By the way, we've already moderated enraged1's post (and we will intervene again if needed/required) and please remember you are on an expat website.

Julien...

Thank you for intervening

Since that most of my friends are expats..I am a follower of this website long time ago... and I did recommend it to many people...

But, as you said I  registered just today to help  a lot of expats with some tips and try to make them feel like home during this time of the year…

I did not give any order to anybody... I asked politely!!!

I think that you are confused about asking politely and giving orders dear ...

Thank you for the free grammar lesson ..

I try not to post anything abusive but some credit should goto the people who take 5 weeks to do which'd normally be done in 5 days.Anyhow as the post is moderated so...

I dont believe it's nice idea to delete a comment just because others will not like it. One should be able to express himself freely!

Try not to be too judgemental.

expects = expats ?

Dadorocks wrote:

I think that you are confused about asking politely and giving orders dear ...

Julien wrote:

expects = expats ?

And the Great Julien demonstrates who was truly confused in their Summer English communication course.

Siddiqui wrote:

Till this issue is resolved with individual companies, no new work permit applications or visa renewal applications will be entertained.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/extortion-demotivational-poster-1254521840.jpg

Always hitting around the bush!!!!!!!

Please concentrate on the real issue here .. there is a new labour law issued last October  which is that any Company must have 80% Libyan nationality employees against 20% Foreigners…

Instead of the old one (60% Libyans – 40% Foreigners),

Regarding the Visa , they are trying to organize the whole situation for the entry visa (entry stamp), but all of the foreigners  in our company got their visa without any problem and they are going home for the holidays….

You just have to arrange for it early  with all the necessary documents…

Dadorocks wrote:

Hitting with what? That sounds painful.

You're trying too hard, chief.

MoEl wrote:
Dadorocks wrote:

Hitting with what? That sounds painful.

Think he means beating?

But beating what? :lol:

Beating pipes, he works in the desert where they have bushes to hit!

80/20.

Good luck with that.