Between Ampang and Subang jaya......

Hello,
I am moving soon to KL, as i knew my husban's work will be in Ampang area, and the school that i chose for my kids is in Subang Jaya (putra heights). so i wish to find a safe nice area in between the work and the school, i mean somewhere in the middle, close to everything i need safe and nice.
Any suggestions?
Please help......

:)

Orooba

Subang jaya and Ampang is two opposite site of KL. With the traffic and tol could be tiring. There is one international school in Ampang. Maybe you should try that. It is better to get  a place near to your work place and schools for children as you dont want to be caught in the traffic. Alternatively if the school or work place is near the LRT that could be a solution as well.

mohamahd j, thank you for replying
I really made a good search on the web and that school is the best choice for my budget and i assume it is good academically.
How long you think it will take , would it be more than half an hour on a normal day?
Or maybe longer?

Orooba

If you are living in Ampang which is nearer to the work place. It take about 45 min to go to school in Subang Jaya. There is a new highway to get there but you just have to pay the daily tol to and fro. alternatively there is a train to get to Subang but it could be a hassle unless the school is near the station and you also stay near the station.

My advise is to find accomodation near Subang nearer to the school the you commute to work. At least you know the kids can go straight back home after school.

There are a few condos or even terrace houses there for rent.

but if you prefer mid way, mont kiara and sri hartamas is the place. it is halfway for both sides and easily accessible to the highways.

So your advice is to get our accommodation nearer subang jaya,
Thank you for your reply and advice mohamad.
Orooba

well it depends on what u want. in hartamas and mont kiara there have nice condos there as compared to subang jaya. but if I were you i prefer to be near to my kids' school and just your husband will have to travel. at least the kids will have more time to spend at home. But again mid way accomodation in Mont Kiara is also not too bad but hate to be on the traffic especially in the morning rush hours.