Sales Job Opportunities in Libya

Dear all,

I have heard of 2 job opportunities in Libya on a local contract basis:

1- The first one is with the company I'm working for: BMB Group is an IT solutions provider. www.bmbgroup.com
We are looking for a male/female Sale representative, expat and/or libyan nationality. Sales experience is definitely a plus. Driving licence is recommended. Working hours from 9 to 6 with 1h lunch break.

You can send your CV to [email protected] or to [email protected]

2- Second one is with the local branch of Swagelok, a company specialized in Fluid System Technologies www.swagelok.com

They are looking for a female european Sales Representative, with a technical or sales background. English is of course mandatory. A driving licence is required as the company shall provide a car.

Working hours are from 9AM to 5PM.

Any of you interested please contact Mrs Amira LASWED on my behalf (mention Joseph) from 8:30 to 3:30PM on the following:
[email protected]

Hope that helps...
Cheers

Pardon me for being cynical....

You say you are looking for a European (expat?) but only offering a local contract?

Good luck. I can already see them queuing up in their thousands ;)

Well Sandman6, dreams are what keeps us going here :)

Anyway, for active people even a local contract would be better than just sitting home...

Ever heard of a well-known phrase which contains the words "peanuts" and "monkeys" :lol:

Why the irony?  Is there something about local work for expats that I don't know?

peanuts....?  monkeys???? nope.

justice4pal wrote:

Why the irony?  Is there something about local work for expats that I don't know?

Well a local contract following libyan rules would have less advantages compared to an expat contract.

Besides, those opportunities are adressed to people already based in Libya, therefore an expat contract is not applicable...

Sandman6, local contract does not necessarly mean paying peanuts....

"If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys"

what are Libyan rules?  What are the more prominent examples?

justice4pal wrote:

what are Libyan rules?  What are the more prominent examples?

Well typically expat contracts would benefit of housing allowance, plane tickets, extended medical insurance and so on....

But Libyan labor law is not very old (couldn't really say is modern) but it is tending to protect the employee.
From what I've seen of it, daily work hours cannot extend 8h, normal overtime is paid 1.5 and holiday overtime is paid double rate.

Test period cannot exceed 1 month and can't be renewed, one's get 22 annual holidays.....

thanks...

You are forgetting one very important fact, Joe...

Any expat wanting to work in Libya must have a work permit, unless exempt.

Indeed Sandman,
It is up to the employer to take care of this issue.