I am Deaf and I want to come to Addis Ababa

Hello DeafMoonGirl!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thank you. Can anyone of you tell me what it's like to live in Addis Ababa and to be deaf or blind or disabled? I have heard that Deaf people are treated very badly by Ethiopians due to their ignorance of disabilities.

At Addis Ababa University there is a sign language programme for undergraduates. Also, I notice a lot of blind people at Siddist kilo campus and they are always very kindly assisted by seeing students.
I think at the university you may be able to find people who would be able to tell you about life of deaf, blind and other disabled people.

Wow, it is awesome that you are coming to volunteer!!! We need more people like you :D  I know one thing being disabled in Ethiopia sucks; I am sure your visit will bring light to the situation!

Let me know if you need anything b4 ur big move ;)

hi FantaLove, thank you for your nice comment :) I will be sure to contact you if I have any questions before coming to Ethiopia. I want to be very prepared for my stay in Addis Ababa

[moderated: off-topic]

I have been in Ethiopia once for travel and it was really awesome! i met new friends that i consider a very nice friend and a teacher and a travel guide..! And now im looking forward to come there again, to visit the great nature and the smile of people! I love trekking and to met a great traveler guide there was awesome! i thought i will have a hard time in going there but thanks to him he assist me in my 7 day tour! Then, i have new friends!

so happy to share my experience in Ethiopia!

very nice. I'm glad you liked Ethiopia. I can't wait to go soon :)