A Meeting For All Expats In Addis

Hi All

I was thinking of a meeting for all expats to share ideas,experiences and relevant information with each other.

It is important to discuss in group about various issues and to get to know each other.what is your reaction on this?

thanks,
Ebenezer

It is a good idea!! ;)

count me in.

thanks suave! It's good to hear from all interested members so that we can proceed.

very interesting!

If it can be done for after July 20 and upto Aug 10 then count me in. That's when I'm in the country.

Would be good to put faces to names.

ubdai

we can arrange the date.I hope we can start with little and eventually make it big.

abe,
does this include non expats (Ethiopians?)

I don't think so but we will talk on soon.my plan is to organize the team and leave it for Expats.

usually Expat.com events are for local people too ;)

It will be considered.Thanks Julien!

Count me in I can even help organize the event and get a few expats to join.

Hi Ebenezer,
This is a great idea! You should concretize your idea, i.e. set up a date and time, a theme, a location for your meet-up...
You could maybe have a look on how we were doing things in Mauritius.

For example:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34589

This is of course, just an example to show you the format which is clear to everybody. Of course there are different things to do in Ethiopia, such as walks, treks, picnics, etc...

Hope this will help you in organizing things
Cheers
Arlette

For a start, it is better to nominate an organizing committee. Also, a posting at noticeboard of Limetree-a cafe at Boston building (hope most expats in Addis are aware of this place, as it is one of the places frequented by expats) could be a good idea to inform many expats.

Very Great! please, let us meet as soon as possible.

We can have Fahrenheit for the event its my friends club and when convenient we should meet call me if you can.