LOOKING FOR A DRAINAGE JOB!

Hey guys,

Myself my partner and our daughter (age 6) are looking to move from the UK to Malta :-)

My partner is a surveyor at a drainage firm really really struggling finding him any work at all!

Cant go across unless he has a job secure if you can help at all please let me know thanks :-)

Hello helz, you may try to post an advert in Malta classifieds > jobs section.;)

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

Hiya Helz,

Try here :-

http://www.etc.gov.mt/vacancy/vacancy_s … strecent=1

This is the "Job Centre" in Malta.

Alternatively google for Wasteserv, WSC, Malta Building firms.

You should find something in those as they all have parts of their websites that include Vacancies.

Regards

Julian

Thanks for the help guys looked at them all still no look contacted so many agencies already and just no drainage jobs at all even contacted the local drainage firms!
If you hear of anything else let me know thanks :-)

Hi Helz,

I'll keep my eyes open.

What exactly does a surveyor at a drainage firm do?

The public drainage and waste water systems in Malta are serviced by the Water Service Company. About half the work force there are government workers. It might prove difficult to get in there due to the Maltese system of jobs against votes and other networking and Trade Union issues.

Public service jobs are usually advertised through the Department of Information:

http://www.doi.gov.mt/

or published in the Government Gazette:

http://www.doi.gov.mt/en/gazetteonline/2009/11/

I wish you luck.

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your message will check them websites now.

He is a surveyor and drainage technician over here, it involves working on the vans unblocking drains, jetting, going to sites and working from the office.

I'm sure we'll find him something.

:-)

you would think that with the stats of Maltas drainage systems there would be plenty work to be had!

I know I have contacted every drainage firm in malta not one reply. He is the best at what he does in the UK he could get a job at any drainage firm here and has been offered to run the entire branch in newcastle, just didnt think finding one there would be so difficult! :-(

I think the reasoning is the other way around ! Because nobody cares a damm about drainage unless the toilet starts overflowing into the bathroom nobody is willing to pay for decent services so there are no jobs.

People here wait until the sewage starts flowing down the street before fixing anything.

Don't forget Newcastle has about the same population as Malta and the Tyneside region has about 1,5 Million drainage users. The jobs you are talking about are handed down through political connections and even the guys digging holes and dealing with the s... need connections to get a low paid job.

Still, I wish you luck with your search. There might be the right job out there somewhere

Cheers
Ricky

I would also look at other surveying type of work, look at the construction companies in Malta.

If you are determined to Move to Malta then look at other types of work that he could do,it seems from what you say he is a very clever guy and has a head on him.

J.