Accommodation Advice

Hi,

I have just moved to Lyon and am currently looking for a room in a shared apartment to rent with my boyfriend.  We are both 23 and he has a job as an English teacher here.

I have joined Aparteger.com and looked on several other websites, and have sent emails to 36 people since Monday expressing interest in their flat shares, but I have not received any positive responses, only two from people who have already filled their room.  I am worried that I have done something wrong on the website, or maybe my profile is really bad that no-one is getting back to us...or am I just being impatient, is it normal for people to take this long??

Does anyone have any advice about what my next move should be? We have accommodation for the next two weeks provided by my boyfriend's job, but after that we will be homeless :(

Thanks,

Helena

Hi and welcome on board Helena!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the accommodation section of Lyon classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Hi Helena,

I hope you've found a place to live by now:-) Just in case, try leboncoin.fr and search the locations section. Also, it's a great website if you're looking to buy or sell furniture, electronics, etc. at a lower price.

Hello, You are not the first one to complain about how difficult it is to find a furnished flat in Lyon when  you are not French, have no French guarantor, do not want to stay for a long time.
Wish it was different !
Good luck !
[Moderated]