Buying winter clothes in Norway

Hi. Since I am going to Norway soon, I need to prepare for my winter clothing. I am thinking of buying few clothes from my country and later buy in Norway, which I assume should have more options and better price. The questions:
Are the winter clothes (Jackets, sweaters) generally cheap over there? How much does medium-quality jackets & sweaters cost?

Can anyone provide me the websites of any reliable Norwegian online shops, so that I can check out the prices?

I hope someone here is able to help. Thanks in advance.

Hi - clothes do not come as cheap here but also not expensive compared to other countries. However, I would tend to guess that things are much more expensive than in Malaysia. A good way to find prices for clothes and other things in Norway is kelkoo.no/c-107301-klaer-og-mote.html

Thanks. I've checked that website you provided. I was shocked to see the prices :o They are so expensive even in online shops!

Yes things are very expensive over here! I recommend buying as much as you can before you come over. I try and buy clothes and things from the UK when I have a visit home, otherwise I shop in places like H&M, or I buy things on ebay and have them posted over.
The sales here can be great though so if you can buy out of season you can get some really good bargains - or at least pay what you would normally expect to pay in the first place! :)

hical_83,

It depends on where you come from and prices you are used too.

Malaysia would be quite a bit cheaper than Norway for clothes so in your case it may be worth bringing enough to do you for a while or bring as much as you can. If you have a job, does it include a relocation allowance for goods and clothes?

It would also depend when you are coming to Norway, as it is cool now (Kongsberg approx -5c to -10c at the moment) so quite a tempature change for you and to where you are going North is colder again! But if you where coming in the warmer months then, you wouldnt need as many heavier clothes straight away and would have some breathing space.

Good luck with your move!

Karl

Don't forget the extra TAX!