Xmas fare

After living here on and off for 26 years, I can no longer find British food here anymore. At present my main concern is of course Xmas. Other things are un-smoked bacon and sausages, and pies.
Anyone who can help please let me know.

:|

Welcome to Expat.com Gdadbrian!;)

Harmonie.

Hello,

I know some places in Oslo which are good for getting British stuff, but I don't know of anywhere in Stavanger. I'm making quite a few things from scratch if I can't find them to buy. I wish we had a British shop. I know some countries and cities have them.

Good luck,

David

It's notoriously difficult to get hold of British foods, I've found a shop in Ålesund that sells cadbury's while the Asian supermarket sells ginger beer.... no chance on other stuff... I've started making a lot of stuff from scratch but had severe disappointment last Christmas when I realised last minute I couldn't get anything I associated with Christmas (we do a Norsk christmas and then a Scottish Christmas :) )... this year I took a trip home and came back with essentials (bacon, pigs in blankets, cocktail sausages, alcohol etc), but will be making a lot of stuff from scratch... good luck with finding stuff... there is a British expat shop online but it is expensive and customs will kill you (a mistake I won't make twice!) if you can afford it a trip home with an empty bag is mabye not the worst idea!  I'm pretty pro Norge for food but... It's Christmas! :)