Moving to Belize pending QRP determination.

Hi All

I'm just looking for any feedback on my following thoughts for moving to Belize.

I'm a retired UK citizen, currently living in the UK and soon to submit a QRP application. I understand however that it can take a few months to process the application but am keen to move to Belize as soon as possible. 

So, I was thinking that I could move to Belize asap, and if necessary, keep extending my visitors permit until approved for the QRP. If not approved, I could keep extending my stay (Bz$200 per 30 days, indefinitely?) and after living 12 months in Belize, apply for permanent residency.

Does that seem like a reasonable plan or are there any possible pitfalls etc. to look for? Your thoughts, please.

@belizeman it looks like a humble solution without guarantee that Belize will grant you a renewal every month. I am from Canada and will try the same way but won't qualify for QRB. You need to have suffient funds to live in BZ while waiting for your QRB approval.

Thanks for your response, @travelbeat.

I had been taking the monthly renewals for granted, so thanks for highlighting the sufficient funds (income or savings?) requirement. Presumably this will need to be evidenced on each renewal. Any other reasons why my  renewal might be refused?

@belizeman hard to tell, like any government it's sometimes a random thing. As long you can provide as much savings, income, pension, investments proof the more convinced they are to grant a renewal. Heard that in Belmopan you may get up to 3 months renewal at once. Good luck.