Research on moving to Vietnam

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

I'm currently focusing on Northern Vietnam because of the cooler weather and proximity to China. I'm not comfortable in bigger cities so I plan on visiting smaller cities around 300,000 pop or less.

The visa, yes I've been researching that. From my end it does appear that I can stay for 90 days. I was told that some members on the forum here can recommend some local Visa travel agents to help me on my way. I'm really at the very beginning here. I just need to prepare myself a bit more in the language before I even talk about getting a visa haha. My goal is to use as much Vietnamese and as little English as possible.

:)

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aidan,I'm currently focusing on Northern Vietnam because of the cooler weather and proximity to China. I'm not comfortable in bigger cities so I plan on visiting smaller cities around 300,000 pop or less.

I lived in a town up north just slightly larger than 300K people. The town is Thành Phố Thái Nguyên (Thai Nguyen City), Tinh Thai Nguyen (Thai Nguyen Province), with a population ~500K. When I left two years ago there were very few foreigners about. Hanoi was about 65 kilometres south, and was a frequent destination of mine. It might be a very nice candidate for you.

The visa, yes I've been researching that. From my end it does appear that I can stay for 90 days. I was told that some members on the forum here can recommend some local Visa travel agents to help me on my way. I'm really at the very beginning here. I just need to prepare myself a bit more in the language before I even talk about getting a visa haha. My goal is to use as much Vietnamese and as little English as possible.smile.png-@Mahja

We can certainly recommend a trusted agent, but the eVisa application itself is not at all difficult to complete. If you have any questions regarding it, feel free to ask. There's a lot of members intimately familiar with the process.

The eVisa official application web portal can be found here. Beware of phony application sites.

I lived in a town up north just slightly larger than 300K people. The town is Thành Phố Thái Nguyên (Thai Nguyen City), Tinh Thai Nguyen (Thai Nguyen Province), with a population ~500K. When I left two years ago there were very few foreigners about. Hanoi was about 65 kilometres south, and was a frequent destination of mine. It might be a very nice candidate for you.

Thanks, I'm checking it out now.