PR REJECTION

Hi

my husband applied a PR for me last year and i got the result within 8months. any advice why it has been rejected?

heres my profile

7years working experience in singapore

working fulltime

Salary )3.5k per month

husband salary during the application is $2.5k

1 year married to a singaporean

and have 1 baby boy just give birth last september but i didnt include him in my application

race: malay

We are planning to apply again we will include my son and maybe once we got our house also.

this is my second try of applying the pr . the first one is during my spass time but it got rejected also 😓

any advice guys? i feel hopeless with this 😅 im currently holding a ltvp

Your husband is a Singaporean and with malay ethnicity, i think your chances to get PR is much higher.

Next time wait for an year then apply PR include your  boy child. Good luck

The kid of a Singaporean father born in Singapore is automatically Singaporean.

If your baby boy is not, there are only two possibilities:

• Your husband is not the father.
  • The baby was born outside of Singapore and you did not apply for his Singapore citizenship, although it would have been possible.

In both cases, your PR application only has a chance if you apply together with the baby.

In the first case, it would help further if your husband adopts the baby.

In the second case, it is probably hopeless, because you have already rejected Singapore, so why should they accept you?

I thought a child born to at least one Singapore citizen parent are typically automatically citizens at birth if the child born in Singapore, in fact law allows the citizenship regardless of where the birth occurred (outside of Singapore). 

But, overseas birth has addition registration work where a child eligible for citizenship by descent must have their birth registered at a Singapore diplomatic mission within one year of their birth.

My earlier answer was during her PR application she has to include her child (to mention that her husband is Singaporean so as her newly born boy). I think she gave birth in Singapore where she held S pass and now staying under LTVP.

@surya2k You are right:

• A child of a Singaporean born in Singapore is automatically Singaporean.
  • A child of a Singaporean born abroad has to be registered for Singapore citizenship within a year, after which it loses the right to be Singaporean.

I hope the OP will come back and clarify what applies in her case.

hi @beppi @surya2k my baby is a singaporean citizen too and i gave birth here in singapore. we didnt include him in the application cause  i didnt know im pregnant during that time 😅 now hes born is , is it a more high chance if we included him ?🤞 we are planning to reapply again

During PR application review time, if applicant got some material changes such job, position & salary or changes at family level such as got married or gave birth then applicant should email to ICA officer with registration number to update the record. This might be impacted overall result. Good luck

Hi Surya / Beppi / All ,

I'm reaching out to seek some advice and guidance regarding my recent Permanent Resident (PR) application rejection and the potential appeal process.

Here's a brief overview of my profile:

Nationality: Indian, Tamil

Work Experience: Over 13 years in the IT industry

Current Location: Singapore (residing for over 9 years)

Family: Married with one child (son born in Singapore)

Current Salary: 150K + Bonus + Stocks (increased from 126K at the time of application)

Employer: Senior Data Engineer  , Industry : Retail - Shopping

Wife's Occupation: Nurse in India (3+ years of experience), currently not working to take care of our child

Previous PR Application: Applied in 2017 (rejected in 3 months)

Latest PR Application: Applied in July 2022, rejected on 23rd February 2024

In our latest PR application, we included myself, my wife, and our child. When I applied, my salary was 126K, but I noticed recent salary changes announced by ICA on January 31, 2024. Additionally, I informed the authorities about the birth of our second child (a daughter) in June 2023.

In addition to our professional endeavors, I have been actively involved in volunteering with various organizations and have made donations to support community initiatives. These effortsreflect our commitment to giving back and contributing positively to Singaporean society.

While I'm disappointed by the rejection, I'm considering my options for the next steps. I'd greatly appreciate your insights and advice on the following:

Appeal Process: Is it advisable to appeal the PR rejection, considering my profile and circumstances? If so, what are the key factors to consider when preparing an appeal?

Reapplication Timing: Would it be better to wait for six months before reapplying, or should I wait for any significant changes in my profile, such as a new job opportunity or promotion?

Profile Changes: In your experience, how significant are profile changes, such as a new job for myself or my wife, in improving PR approval chances?

@BALAJI89 I see no negatives in your profile, apart from your race.

Appealing rarely changes the authorities' opinion, unless you include additional information that works in your favour and was not included before.

I recommend waiting three years or until your profile changes sufficiently to warrant a new attempt. You can continue to live and work here with your current visa.

Thanks @beppi for your suggestion.

I'm seeking guidance on finding a job for my wife, who has been out of the workforce since 2017, dedicating her time to caring for our children. We've encountered challenges as most hospitals require SNB registration, and consultancy agencies are hesitant due to the lack of recent work experience. We're uncertain about our next steps. Can you provide insights or suggestions on how to navigate this situation?

@BALAJI89 This thread is about PR applications, not job search. In addition, I have no idea about labour market conditions in the medical sector, sorry!

Nursing occupation is in demand here. There was a recent news that govt is paying up to 100k individually as one time support to senior nurses who are in the work more than decade or so.

SNB certifucate is very much required and the exsm is standard across nursing industry so she can obtain it and apply nursing job in govt hospitals.

Coming back to your PR application, wait at least a year then apply with your family again in between try to get SNB certificate so that it will give additional weigh to your application.

Agreed with Beppi that your profile looks good only drawback is here PR selection is based on quota. Good luck

Thanks Beppi and Surya for your suggestion  and thoughts