Leaving Saudi

Hi, I have been working for an oil company in Saudi for nearly a year.

I have been offered a job back in the UK that I really want to take for family reasons.

The company I work for have not been very good to me since I got here and I'm not very happy here at all.

I have to give 30 days notice to resign from my contact.

However, I'd like  to just leave on my entry exit visa as apposed to going through the final exit visa process.

I do not have a loan and I have sold my car so I have no connections.

Would I be OK leaving the country and sending an email to my company to say I have quit and send them a clearance letter from the bank to prove I have no loans etc? Would there be any repercussions?

The way I see it is I am just leaving a company without notice.

Thanks.

HI , it is not recomended , bcuz company can put ban on you which can be problematic if you are willing to come to saudi arabia in future. Saudi laws says very clearly that be straight and do everything is as per law.

it looks like you want to go try the new job if it is good you will stay and then if it is not good you will come back.

@saqayyum2000 thanks. I don't want to come back to KSA. If my plane was diverted to land in KSA after I had left,  they couldn't arrest me or anything for leaving a company without notice could they?

All that will happen is that you will close your path back to Saudi for a number of years.  And you basically forego your end of service benefits from the company. If that is not an issue for you then it's ok.  This is not considered as a criminal case........don't be silly.........no one is going to arrest you.

@XTang thanks Xtang. I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any repercussions.  Thanks  😊

Nothing will happen to u.

good luck.