Certificate of non-impediment to marriage

Hello everyone,

I am seeking guidance, kindly Canadian, American or UK Pakistanis chime in..

1. I am a Canadian-Pakistani who was married and was divorced in Pakistan. I have divorce certificate from Pakistan (NADRA). The Canadian consul services in Rabat is saying you need to bring a divorce decree and it doesn't matter if it's from another country. They don't need it certified as well. They will issue capacity of marriage. But I am thinking to carry a marriage search records letter from Canadian Vital Statistics. Canadian consul services is saying they don't need decree to be certified but adoul may ask for Apostilled document, along with translation. Please share your thoughts.
  2. Does anyone knows if adoul accept a translation of document from US or Canada. There are several private agencies that offers that.
  3. Do I have to get my divorce decree certified from Pakistani consulate?

Hi there

I've had a divorce in Pakistan, but to make it easier, I got a divorce decree in Scotland.  It's in English, and they didn't need it translated.  However, I am not sure what the laws are like in Canada and if it will be extra cost to get the divorce decree done.

@orchidblue

@orchidblue

Do you think if you had NADRA certificate, it would have been tough at the embassy? Pakistan also do Apostille at Foreign Office