Marriage Registration (citizen and non-citizen)

Hi all,

Me and my partner are planning to travel to Mauritius to get married and wanted to ask a question regarding the marriage registration process.

My partner is a dual British and Mauritian citizen and resides in the UK. Our intention is to go to Mauritius to get married and then return to the UK to continue our life. On the Mauritian registrar of the civil status division website, I noticed that the marriage process for two non-citizens/non-residents is different from that of a Mauritian citizen to a non-citizen. In our case, which process would we be required to follow?

Thanks in advance!

Hello , you may confact ****, wedding planners team Mauritius. They handle all legal formalities and assist you for a seamless wedding .

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Recommendations should be made in private or in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@jb72

Hello and welcome !

Why don't you get married in the UK itself and register your mariage with Mauritian authorities ?

Indeed if you plan to marry in Mauritius, it will be considered as a Mauritian national getting married to non-citizen.

I would suggest that you contact the the Mauritius High Commission in UK to enquire about the simplest way of getting married : https://mauritius-london.govmu.org/Pages/index.aspx

Regards

Bhavna