New members of the Democratic Republic of Congo forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Democratic Republic of Congo forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi!

Okay I can start!

I am Pauline, 27, moving to Lubumbashi in June 2024 with my congolese husband.

He is working as a civil engineer there already, and I am looking for a job. I am an industrial buyer with experience in project management, purchasing and supply chain.

I have worked in nuclear, aviation and defense industry.

I am very open to challenges! and to any opportunities in this filed of skills.

Okay, so I will be reading your tips and maybe find out opportunities.

I am open to discussion!

happy new year to all,

Pauline

Hello pauline !

Whenever am Congolese, am contacting you from Canada. Ithink the best way to looking for job is to stay linked to your congolese husband who is already working in Congo. As you are all angineers, it will be easy maybe to ask for job to be his workmate.

I case you know some expats in Montreal, Canada, please let me know as here is difficult to get friendlly persons.

Best reagrds and happy new year

Hello everyone! My name is Jean-Marc, I live in Lubumbashi, I'm Congolese, I speak French and I get by quite well in English, I'm not here as an expatriate but more as a guide, I can honestly guide people who want to settle in the Democratic Republic of Congo, mainly in the province of Katanga, facilities management, accommodation, business...

Good morning,

I am a South African expat currently living in Lubumbashi.

I would like to enquire if there any job opportunities available in the Lubumbashi area?

I have 10 years experience in procurement, administration, stores management and sales in the petroleum and retail industries. I am looking for a similar position in any industry if there is something available.

I am a fast learner who can work well in a team or on my own. I pride myself in excellence and will work day and night to achieve the goals we have set out to achieve. I am dedicated and loyal and believe these are excellent qualities to have in any working environment.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration

Regards,

Barry Gribble

Hello Mr Barry, check these current opportunities***

Moderated by Cheryl 7 months ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Please note that external links are not allowed on the forum.

Job seekers are advised to create their CVs in the Job offers in the Democratic Republic of Congo section.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien My name is Mcpherson Zimba.Iam a qualified Auto electrician/Air con technician with over 14 years hands on experience on heavy mining equipment.I was working in Australia since 2019 but now back in Zambia.

Hi, I have recently moved to Lubumbashi looking for job opportunities here. and would be grateful if you could inform me about any current openings.

Hello and welcome !

We have a dedicated section : Job offers in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Job seekers are required to have a look at the openings posted in the Jobs section and create their CV in the same section.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna thanks a lot will surely look into it.

@Julien hello am Stephen Munthali from Zambia am an Health safety and environmental practioner.

HI ,Good afternoon all, am Harriet Kitea Atori ,a South Sudanese  ,currently working as a protection and GBV roving manager in south Sudan but I would love to come and  work in Democratic Republic of Congo.

Nice meeting you all.

@JMKawaya how are you i am a Zimbabwean national currently in Australia ,i am an Auto Electrician and i do hereby looking for opportunities around africa as xpat

@gilbertpasi08

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Democratic Republic of Congo section of the  website if you are looking for a job.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello

All

My Greetings and Wishes to All

I am Mohan and presently I am connected with Job Assignment in DRC and recently landed from Kenya and I am a Kenyan citizen as well as Finance & Accounts Professional with 25 years of experience in Kenya with various Industries and I enjoyed my experience so far.

I am currently here to learn more and contribute better to the organisation.

Warm Regards to Every one and Truly

Mohan

Hi all,

I am Elysée. I am living in Kinshasa. I am Congolese. My English is poor. I speak French very well.  I am accountant. I am not as an expatriate. I join this page to exchange. Thanks. Ely

Hello zelyexpat,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

If you would like, you can also check out the French version of the Democratic Republic of Congo forum here.> https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4062

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hallo sir, my name is Mobrey Ng'ambi from Australia am an Auto electrician working here.Am also looking for the jobs in Congo mines, am actually from Zambia, Kitwe to be precise.

@ngambimobrey

Hello and welcome

Feel free to create your CV in the dedicated section of the website : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/africa/de … -of-congo/

You may also google search companies in your field and send them your CV directly.

Regards

Bhavna

@Pauline Bertin

Hi Pauline, I am traveling alone to work on a proposal for a week in Lubumbashi. Any advice on hotels or tips I should know as a woman traveling alone for work there?

@alexkarydi

Hello and welcome !

I think you start your own thread on the forum as I am not sure Pauline will see your message.

All the best

Bhavna