New members of the Democratic Republic of Congo forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Democratic Republic of Congo forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hello jullien
I am RONY
I was born in Congo kinshasa,I've Travelled a lot. I study I.T INDIA but now i am living in south Africa. I am moving to Lubumbashi next week.confirm
I am job seeker with good computer skills. I'd to join Lubumbashi you guys but I can't for real.
I was wondering if you can help me to reach you guys. this is my email address [email protected]
thank you

Hi RONY,

Thank you for your introduction. For your job search, you can try to post an advert in th jobs in Democratic Republic of Congo section ;)

Hello Guys!
My name is Rony lema.I studied I.T hardware networking in India.I am a French and English speaker.I've traveled a lot.I am actualy living in south africa but I am moving to lubumbashi next week.I would like to Work over there.

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the jobs section]

Hello there,
I'm a medical doctor by training and an optimistic,punctual,enthusiastic,goal-setting,smart working self starter who is a disciplined persistent positive thinker.Currently working in South Kivu  but looking for a new challenge.
Thank you for this initiative.
Cheers!
:cool:

[Moderated: post your resume in the Jobs section pls]

Hello hope everyone is doing well, My name is DJ I am from South Africa and I am currently working and living in the congo I arrived here about a month and a half ago and I am enthusiastically working my way into this place challenging at times but fun none the less.

Hello everyone
I am currently in the UK been living here for such a long time, I was in Africa for a while when I went back few years ago which I enjoyed very much. I would really like to get back to Africa and settle there doing my own project, but I would like to meet a friend that can help me with getting around with life there. I am into arts and design/interior.

Hello all.  My wife and I will be moving to Kinshasa in August.  We are both American and will be teaching at the American School.  We love to go out for drinks, dancing, etc., with expats from all over and will be looking to explore Kinshasa and make it as comfortable a place as we have made our current city, Yaounde, to spend time out and about.  Any advice on the best places to meet other expats with similar interests?  We actually prefer those places with the fewest Americans :)

you are welcome dear

[Moderated: post her resume in the Jobs section please]

Hello everyone! My name is Anna and our family just moved in DRC, Lubumbashi! Im happy to meet new people for a network and job opportunities and will try to help to anyone who's new with advices and getting around.

I got offer from sanzi group from Kinshasa, I want to know that is Kinshasa is safe & also want to know sanzi group is good to work or not ?

Hi ,

I may be moving to Kinshasa shortly for a short period to help set up a printing shop and to train local staff on color copiers/printers.

It seems exciting but also daunting. LOL

Hi,

I have been offered a job in kinshasa, A bank there,
currently the info i have is they are offering me a salary of 2500 to 3000 USD per month along with accomodation food medical.
Wanted to know how good it is to move with the family.
I will be moving with my husband.

I have my interview scheduled on saturday, Do let me know any specific information which i am supposed to know and should ask before joining.

Hi,

I am looking to move to Kolwezi for work at the copper mine. Does anyone work in the region, or is a mining engineer?

Hi Anna,

Nice to meet you. Have you been to the Kolwezi region or know anything about the copper mines in the region. I am looking to start work as a mining engineer there. I am from Canada and any relevant information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
I am Akhil from Delhi. I have got an oppertunity to work in Lubumbashi. I would request if you can advise on lifestyle. Dos n don't s . also educate on cost of living and internet connectivity as I will be moving without my family.
Thanks

Hello Sr/madame
My name is Mr musuete Mudinga,I'm a congolese citizen and I'm currently living in cape town south Africa.I'm married to a south African citizen and we are willing to move and stay in Lubumbashi.because In south Africa we as foreigner facing difficult to find the job and i think you know that south African people most don't care about foreigners in their country.i have grade 12 matric in accountant and NQF level 5 in advance counseling psychology at unisa and my wive as well  finished 3 years in counselling at unisa 2013 and have computer certificate and others experience working with HIV people,...but since she is been looking for job and she never get it.Lubumbashi is a very improvement province in drc and i want to go and find the job there and i think so my wive as a south African will also find the good job than in his own country.it some one know the company that need people to work and leave in Lubumbashi,please contact me on 0733500144 or email us at [email protected]
I have many project to do in drc but i need help and support.our country is receiving the foreigner very well,no discrimination.I'm honest and i want to  leave well in my own country and show love to the visitors
Thanks
Musuete

Hello everyone,
Actually I am a new comer on this page,but not unfamiliar to drc coz I did most of my education with in congo,and I have been in all most 3provinces.
And my work experience in different trade;import and export,sales,and aviation has been in DRC.
After I living in Kenya and Tanzania, for a long while I am back in drc.
now seeking again a job in different industries highlighted.

Hi
Some I'd problems. I am kushjd from Kuwait

I am sorry,but if I got you properly you have many projects means that there is no need for you to seek job!you are able to self employed your self.contrary you are capable to implement your company in drc!!!!!I am wrong?

Hi! I've being in Congo such a three years now but southern especially Katanga where kololwezi is part is safe for you. Welcome.

Hello all, well  I m danny looking for a job in congo.i have a experience of congo 5years.rite now I m india.looking for a best oppurtunity in congo.i speak very well local language of there. 

Thanx
Danny

Hi itz me dharmendra from india.i have  experience of 5 years in africa market.well rite now I m in india and looking for a best oppurtunity.i worked in kinshasa congo.now want to move in lubumbashi or kinshasa again.

Thanx
Danny

Hi All,

I just want to know various things about DR Congo.

I have been given an offer to work in a bank in DRC. The location is not clear but may be Kinshasa or Lubumbashi or Goma.
I want to know if the decision is perfect. Are there any Indians living in this part of the world.
Indian foods could be found or not.
What is the general level of medical clinics and hospitals. Are treatment and doctors of good class.
What is the condition of malaria and other diseases in this part of the world.
Thanx
AMIT KUMAR

Am a man aged 31 and resides in Zimbabwe,am employed by PPC Zimbabwe as a maintanence electrician

I don't think so,
Though I introduced my self to you,none of you welcomed me!!!!I wonder why?
Who is in charge of choosing new topic?if there is one it means that ,we are not free.
If there no one I asked every one about#5676977,and I did not get a feedback!!!are we welcome or it just?????

Hi Everybody,

I´ll moving to Kinshasa by the end of this year. I´m a Tropical forester and have been working on Teak plantations in Panama, conducted research in Bolivian forest concessions, and did research on small scale timber production in the Amazonian province of Pando, also in Bolivia.  I´ve been living in Germany for two years for my MSc.
At the moment, I´m preparing to move to Kinshasa for at least 1.5 years, job hunting for anything related to natural resource management.

I´m looking forward to discuss some topics of preparation with the expats with more experience in Kinshasa/DRC.

how are you

Hi, all

I am Patrick, I am from Democratic Republic of Congo. am 30 age old. I am in south Africa where have done my studies.
I am a job seeker, specially in Democratic Republic of Congo. I am IT developer.
It as pleaser for me to join the expat-blog.

thanks

Hi Daniel, I hope you are enjoying Kolwezi.
I am Patrick, I am in south Africa, but I am not south African, am Congolese. and I am still looking a job special in RDC.
I will be in Congo in 3 weeks. I guess I will find something.
:) enjoy Congo

Hi all,
        Well I m danny I was in congo.for 5 years worked there as a sales manager at retail counter.presentaly I m in india I left my job in congo.but I want to come back again.and looking for a best oppurtunity. If there is any suitable place or best opportunity is suggest me.

Thanx

[moderated: no free ads please register your company in the business directory]

hi amit,

have u moved to kinshasa or yet to move?

Hello Everybody!
My name is Guy kasereka kibwana.I studied computer science at the catholic university of eastern africa in Nairobi (kenya) and  telecommunication in UK plus commerce in Congo.I am a French, English and italia speaker..I am actualy living in kenya Nairobi  but i hope very soon il be moving to congo kinshasa so with the greatest opportunities.I would like to Work togter with you when and before i reach there. first starting to open some knowledge with you guys so that once im there ill be around people i may know. thanx alot ..

Well ritenow I m in ind.i left my job in kinshasa, now looking for new job.

My name is Prosper Mhike from zimbabwe.  I'm an accountant currently working for a certain company in Kinshasa. xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not publish your contact details + drop an advert in the Jobs in the Democratic Republic of Congo section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My name is patient Kabengele from drc congo (lubumbashi) i have completed my dilploma cours in international trade & transport (import and export) at y2k customs academy in cape town where i am living for the past 4 years and i decided to seek for a job in my own country where i can  work with peace of mind because living and working at home always been my aim of all this time.xxx
thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not publish your contact details + drop an advert in the Jobs in the Democratic Republic of Congo section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Closed